SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We work with over a dozen people from all over the world on one website. Feedback email, news, hosting requests and press releases are all sent to their respective email addresses. Currently I process these emails together with my associate, but I am trying to find a way to share these general email addresses with the entire team. We use Endymion MailMan to access the pop3 account so we don't have to use, say, Outlook Express. Are there any similar CGI programs that specialize in sharing email addresses? I am thinking of features like a "I-read-this" button, or a "I-replied-to-this" button that indicates an email is already processed, but hasn't been deleted yet so that the other people can read it too.

Any suggestions?

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure about something like that. What did come to mind though, was setting up a private password protected forum.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about Mailman but Outlook has categories and message flags you can apply to messages. Also Eudora pro has colored labels you could use.

------------------
    Wayne Luke

The Majormud Encyclopedia - www.bloodquest2.com
    Come Play one of the hottest games on the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make folders and transfer them to it when you reply. (Isn't their an icon that appears when it is read?)

Owen

------------------
    uDiscuss.com - the most advanced forums on the Internet!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions. First of all, it is not possible to use a standard email program like Eudora, Outlook or Messager for this. We have to use 1 account with lots of people on lots of different computers. We do have our own password protected staff forum, but we'd have to post a message each and every time we send an email. That would be ineffecient.

Our CGI script MailMan does not have a "read" or "opened" icon. The only difference I can see is a change in link color, which is done by my browser locally of course. It does not allow for directories to be made either. Does anyone know a more sophisticated CGI email program than MailMan?

You can see MailMan here: http://www.telefragged.com/webmail (it's down at the moment, but will be up again when you read this)