SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adsense earnings in 2008

Do you guys think we'll make more next year - and we'll see better advertisers in our niches - or no? I'm thinking my earnings will go up next year, especially if my traffic continues to increase - but only time will tell.
    Love pets? Why not discuss virtual pets?
    Contact me on Twitter @cpvr

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm betting there is a lot of factors that will decide this. For one, if the economy gets worse instead of better that will have a negative impact on a lot of us. I keep hearing talk of recession and the housing market still hasn't hit bottom yet. This might not affect all markets but it's now touching some that weren't affected before.

We'll see how much money people are putting towards advertising next year. Hopefully it increases.

Internet Business Optimizer KCgame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general, I think that publisher earnings will increase.. although some niches may experience a dip in advertisers' spending power.. Overall, increase in Internet users -> Increase in traffic -> Increase in Adsense earnings

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think price per click paid will be lower. If you increase traffic you should make the same amount or more money next year.

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 2008 is going to be the year that I develop my own ad network. I know I can get more than I am getting now, and I have all the pieces in place to make it happen. I have seen my traffic gradually increase, and my earnings gradually decline steadily since I started a few years ago. Adsense has been a very good thing for me, but the value is not as high as it once was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think 2008 adsense will probably get in text adds which will be more targeted and let people make more money so smaller sites that cant get kontera will be be able to get asense in text
    Get top of google searches in 30 days with

that money get an free investment plan with Lively Money

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your traffic increases you will earn more money but it also depends in what niche you are and what kind of content you provide. For example myspace resources isn't a great niche

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This year is too bad for me.
    I am going create new websites.
    I have I can generate good income next month.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 2008 will be a better adsense year. Hopefully more advertisers (and less bloggers)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think will be low prices , we should more hard work due to too much adsenser competitor

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is your traffic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, adsense and ypn have keeps going down and down. The best way is to find private advertisers.

I remeber the good old days when I was getting paid .60 per click, now its at like .10 per click

Im with you dvduval, that is partly why I have a main website for my network. However, Im trying to get out of ppc text links and more into online sales.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comparing to 2006 year, my 2007 adsense revenue dropped a lot. So, most likely it will be worse than better, unless you produce x2-10 traffic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as Adsense is concerned for me, 2004, 2005, and 2007 were similar earnings. 2006 was almost double. I think that 2008 will continue to see more competition for Google and more choices for advertisers. The best solution is to diversify so that you aren't tied to one particular advertising network or you will completely at the mercy of that one advertising network.
    Mike