SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google ads fare or not

I own automotive website and just yesterday I checked out what kind of ads are being displayed on my site and its complete nonsense. I get ads for home use lamps or some sculptures. Completely unrelated to my site. While I go to other major car sites all they have is GM picture displayed ads running 24/7. So here is my question first of all HOW!!?? I mean if I were to understand this correctly Google is making ads appear "fare" which doesn't seem to me like this is the case at all. So i tried blocking those unrelated ads by using filter and less adds appear on my site. So whats going on here I don't get it? Can someone please explain to me why Google is putting low key unrelated low paying ads on my site while other car sites run hardcore picture GM ads from Google.
    I want to learn everything to be successful.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It could mean they are having a hard time getting the right content from your pages. You can tweak this using some special Adsense code to help them isolate the content they should be using to help determine context. You might also want to look into optimizing your pages as that can help, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pages are optimized when it comes to SE but that adsense code I don't know about. Were can I get it or find more info about it?

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lovve Google! I am starting to only work with networks which are reputable. Some of these other networks are just way to scarry to use. I know Google WILL pay me without any problems!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also keep in mind that it can take a few days for AdSense to build a good index of your content for keywords. This is especially true for large or dynamic sites where Google doesn't yet know what the site is about and can't match against a new page immediately. If it's already been a few days look into the adsense_hints tag but realize that hints is just that -- hints, your page's content and word weight will still have a major bearing on ads.

As a final note, adsense is moving more and more towards being a targeted program so when you see a larger brand on a competitor through adsense it's very possible they picked out that site or an array of sites but did not know about or did not include yours.
    - Ted S