Thread: Seo????????

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seo????????

Hi everyone,
    Could anyone tell me what is the SEO and and other things related to it iam sorry but iam little new to such things..If I have a website so how I can promote it to Top Rank??

Thanks in Advance.!!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy DaveWoods's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FAQ's would be a great starting point for you

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182915

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy hooperman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jake_us9 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Could anyone tell me what is the SEO and and other things related to it iam sorry but iam little new to such things..If I have a website so how I can promote it to Top Rank??

Thanks in Advance.!!
    well google doesnt reveal any* thing about how sites are ranked ..so basically i think it is doing thing(accordingly) in the site ..what MOST of people think(guess) google does to rank the site...

so thinking differs from person to person...some facts are established...means many people think so...like title,header,italics,alt for keyword...and getting votes though backlink...

other think..it is like ...either there is god or not....many people have diff ideas....like pr is imp or not...keyword density....subdomain..mod rewrite..these are stuff ..often terms as ...use your brain..belief it or not....so think one way ..other think others

for me i think it has been game of thinking differently than other according to search engine news...

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seo in simple is optimizing website so it lists well in search engines. Each search engine has own way of ranking site and listing them.

Keywords are very important because you need site listed for terms people search for or you will not get any traffic.

The posts listed above are a good way to learn terms and most things so take your time read them over and do a little each day.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search engine optimization (SEO) is a set of methodologies aimed at improving the visibility of a website in search engine listings. The term also refers to an industry of consultants that carry out optimization projects on behalf of client sites. The process of improving web pages so that it ranks higher in search engine for targeted keywords with the ultimate goal of generating more revenue from the web site. There are many SEO techniques. In general, these techniques can be categorized as On-Site Optimization, and Off-Site Optimization. Designing a website so that it ranks highly in the search engines when someone searches for specific keyword or keyword phrases related to the site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SEO????????

Hey, I think you new here, anyway..
    Search engine optimization is everything that can be done to make a search engine send more traffic to a web site.
    Usually this means defining keywords or key phrases and trying to have your web site listed first (or at least near first) for those key terms.
    Search engine optimization is usually divided into two categories of tasks:
    • On-page optimization
    • Off-page optimization
    On-page optimization is designing your web pages to achieve the best ratings from the search engines.
    On-page optimization activates include:
    • Writing keyword-rich text
    • Applying good ALT tags to images
    • Making sure that the web page can be properly "spidered" by all of the search engines
    • Off-page optimization consists of creating inbound links to your web page.
    <snip>
    All the Best!!
    Last edited by stymiee; Dec 21, 2007 at 08:34. Reason: self promotion removed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklyn_3p3 View Post
    Hey, I think you new here, anyway..
    Search engine optimization is everything that can be done to make a search engine send more traffic to a web site.
    Usually this means defining keywords or key phrases and trying to have your web site listed first (or at least near first) for those key terms.
    Search engine optimization is usually divided into two categories of tasks:
    On-page optimization
    Off-page optimization
    On-page optimization is designing your web pages to achieve the best ratings from the search engines.
    On-page optimization activates include:
    Writing keyword-rich text
    Applying good ALT tags to images
    Making sure that the web page can be properly "spidered" by all of the search engines
    Off-page optimization consists of creating inbound links to your web page.
    <snip>
    All the Best!!
    I agree with you

SitePoint Enthusiast akashdwivedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The information provided above is perfectly useful for a beginner in SEO and it depends upon the person himself to explore the things to learn and understand the things.

All the best...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search Engine Optimization is the process of making websites search engine friendly. The process often involves minor modifications to, or additions of, several standard elements of a website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are masses of info about SEO...SEO means Search Engine Optimization....

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search Engine Optimization is to make your site friendly with Search engines. Its covers many parts like content writing and its structure , design , scripting , size etc. so better refer some site it will help u more