User Tag List

I'm not a human
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with spam entries in google!!

hi

I'm a forum owner and i'm having problems with the spam entries.

I have installed instant notification for the new post posted in the forum and i'm monitoring the sites and deleting the spam entries more fast but even it would reside in the forum for some more hours (wheni'm sleeping in the night and when i'm in rest on week ends), meanwhile in this time the spam pages are indexed by google crawl..

I use google webmaster tool and when i tend to delete the links from the google index it doesn't as it tells that the page should return an 404 error or something else.. so the index remains.. i'm using phpbb so actually the pages will displayed with an internal error but the page would load..

So this is my first problem..

Even though when someone comes thru that indexed link from google , they wont get the content but tend to post related contents thereafter..

Then they are giving the link of this post in some other site like their blogs which in return get more sudden traffic to that page..

i'm totally disappointed with this stuff!!

I want to know how to delete the indexed page from google and then i want to know proper spam filtering technique( may be a resource site is enough) and most importantly how can i block/remove the unwanted links from other sites which points to my spam posts ????

Please help me?
    Regards,
    Vijay
    Follow me on twitter @vijaycbe
    World Holiday Calander || My Cricket Blog

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What software are you using to run your site? That's where you need to go to implement spam filtering. If you block the spam at the source then there wont be any spam posts for people to link to. For example with WordPress you would install Akismet which blocks suspect posts until you approve them.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

I'm not a human
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm using phpbb

And i'm trying to block most suspected ip's and also block some networks from where i get the spam posts..

I think we can't a complete set of spam network ip's and domain (as it is increasing and spreading..)

As i'm having the forum and i'm a developer doing projects and side by side i'm administrating the forum..

That's why i'm unable to focus completely on the site. Let's leave it.

Please give me a suggestion for removing

Quote Originally Posted by kvijayhari View Post

I want to know how to delete the indexed page from google and most importantly how can i block/remove the unwanted links from other sites which points to my spam posts ????
    Regards,
    Vijay
    Follow me on twitter @vijaycbe
    World Holiday Calander || My Cricket Blog

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The latest version of phpBB has lots of spam protection built in and most of it is turned on by default.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">