SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WordPress Themes and Browser Issues

I've worked on a lot of CSS sites and have always tested in different browsers to make sure sites display properly. I didn't expect to have browser issues with WordPress themes I download, but I guess I should have known better.

Are there a lot of themes out there that do not display right in all browsers? I'm working on a site which appears fine in IE7, but totally falls apart in IE6 and it appears as though some plugins don't view quite right with Firefox.

Do I need to start looking for another theme? If so can someone recommend a nice 3 column WordPress theme that they know displays perfect in all browsers?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How are you with CSS? If you really like the theme you are using then I might just try to fix it. WP themes are just designs put on top of the software and very few are optimized for all browsers.
    Sara

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably not good enough at CSS to identify and fix the problems so it will be optimized for all browsers. I always prefer to find a CSS template that works in all browsers and then customize it from there. Also, I have very limited time to try and fix.

So, if anyone knows of a nice 3 column WordPress template that works well in all browsers, please let me know! It would save me some time of searching.

Thanks!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The theme I used was Feel the Freedom in case anyone knows how to fix it so it is cross browser compatible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its hard to find a cross browser compatible layout thats 100% perfect. You may just have to settle for one that works decently or has issues you can live with.
    Homeward Bound Puppy now with a store!

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cygnus, got a link to your blog so I can take a look at the problem?