SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get one way quality links?

Google is eliminating "artificial links" and taking action against reciprocal link pages, link farms, cloaking and guestbooks. Then, what would be the next steps for website promotion? Offcource Quality one way links(Natural links) and lots of traffics to your site.

As we all know it very well that fresh and interesting content is liked by all search engines and it will earn lots of natural links for you. So, it is necessary for you to put some good contents on your site. While articles/press releases submissions and forum/blog posting will generate lots of traffics for your site. You may try social bookmarking/networking sites for extra efforts. Only one way quality links are the best solution for your SERPs.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy hooperman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBLAUNCHPHXX View Post
    As we all know it very well that fresh and interesting content is liked by all search engines
    'We' don't know that at all. Search engines can't gauge whether content is interesting or not - for that matter humans have differing opinions on whether something is interesting or not.

Fresh and interesting content might attract more links and those natural links might then lead to better rankings, though.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well........search engine spider can just know about the content is fresh or not but it can not judge that content is really interesting or not but do not forget that your site should be search engine friendly as well as user friendly so having interesting content help in terms of making site more user friendly so thay users love it and in this way your site get a more links in natural way.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy hooperman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolslko View Post
    ...so having interesting content help in terms of making site more user friendly...
    How interesting content is has no bearing on user friendliness

I can go to a really boring page that is structured well and has clear navigation and I will find that boring page really user friendly. I can go to a page on a subject that interests me and if there is no structure and bad navigation it will be hard for me to navigate the site and find other content that I need - interesting but not user frindly.

Serach engines don't score interesting content higher, and human visitors don't necessarily find interesting content more user friendly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go mostly with the OP's ideas. But - to do all those things need either of the followings -

Huge budget to hire content writers/social marketing/link bait experts

OR

Heck a lot of time needed to be dovoted.
    Unfortunately, for small sites/businesses - none is feasible and thats the dilemna being faced by webmasters in this new age Google.

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy just does the forum rounds posting the same messages to promote himself.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google is eliminating "artificial links" and taking action against reciprocal link pages...
    I can not agree with this statement.
    I know from my own experience and from looking SERP trend that reciprocal links pages from site with similar thematic score always better in SERP than competition.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    taking action against reciprocal link pages, link farms, cloaking
    its not the reciprocal itself but what google is tired of is the excessive linking and linking with bad neighohood,. but link trades with quality and related site still work for me

Quote Originally Posted by hooperman View Post
    'We' don't know that at all. Search engines can't gauge whether content is interesting or not - for that matter humans have differing opinions on whether something is interesting or not.
    I agree, what SE love is fresh contents,. and its on the hand of the viewers to know if its interesting or not

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chApichupandra View Post
    its not the reciprocal itself but what google is tired of is the excessive linking and linking with bad neighohood,. but link trades with quality and related site still work for me
    It is the reciprocal link itself Google dislikes because they see links as votes and reciprocal links is essentially vote swapping.

Quote Originally Posted by chApichupandra View Post
    I agree, what SE love is fresh contents,. and its on the hand of the viewers to know if its interesting or not
    Search engines don't necessarily like fresh content. They like quality relevant content. Old stale pages still rank well because they're best source for that information.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Content writers will be the hero of futures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    It is the reciprocal link itself Google dislikes because they see links as votes and reciprocal links is essentially vote swapping.
    So you wouldn't recommend reciprocal links?
    It's 530 people, but do you really get it?
    ImgWebDesign - Web design in Buxton, High Peak, Derbyshire UK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    So you wouldn't recommend reciprocal links?
    In general, no. I would do it if a site in my genre was huge and wanted to exchange links. In a case like that the targeted traffic I would get would make it worthwhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    In general, no. I would do it if a site in my genre was huge and wanted to exchange links. In a case like that the targeted traffic I would get would make it worthwhile.
    What about if you had a brand new site and were trying to kick start the recognition factor?

Would I be right in saying that links would have little PR value, would be highly relevant though because of anchor text and would therefor help with the SERP rankings, and would help the exposure of the site to potential users somewhat?
    It's 530 people, but do you really get it?
    ImgWebDesign - Web design in Buxton, High Peak, Derbyshire UK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    What about if you had a brand new site and were trying to kick start the recognition factor?

Would I be right in saying that links would have little PR value, would be highly relevant though because of anchor text and would therefor help with the SERP rankings, and would help the exposure of the site to potential users somewhat?
    Reciprocal links are essentially ignored by Google so they really wouldn't have any SEO value. Exchanging links would only be good for getting traffic. That's why I would save it for a more popular site in my niche. So that external link I am giving out is well worth doing.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content is the king.keep making orginally content.