SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Webmaster Content Analysis

I noticed a new facet in the Google Webmaster Tools, called Content Analysis.

I took a look and found some of my pages listed for having meta descriptions that were too short. In some cases this was true and other it wasn't, but I'm not too concerned about it.

The other update in this notice from Google is the sitemap details. This is clickable from the overview, far right, and not from the menu (at least for me).

This is pretty cool, as it lists out the information a little better regarding your most recent indexing. Since it lists how many pages have been indexed and how many are in the sitemap, it would be cool if it told you which pages from your total haven't been indexed - that would be handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like a nice feature. I also had some 'short descriptions'. I went ahead and lengthened them, hopefully it will make a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, i think the indexed URLs & Sitemap URLs data is excellent, they probably in the near or far future make it so you can see which pages are or aren't indexed. Really you can do this the "hard" way with the site: operator