User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Vs Yahoo

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google have a superb business model that would be the market leader even if someone copied it exactly because Google were first to market with it.

They encourage quality and relevance through a variety of control methods because they know that as long as they provide a quality service, their users will keep using them, and without the users, we don't make any money so I'm a huge fan of Google's philosophy.

I don't like it when people ***** about Google slaps or getting penalised, it's only Google trying to improve the quality of their content, how can you object to that? It's in your interest in the long run.

Don't regard them as 'the man' putting you down on some power trip, like some people do because it makes them feel better about their own failings, regard them as a superb marketing resource designed to make everyone money.
    It's 530 people, but do you really get it?
    ImgWebDesign - Web design in Buxton, High Peak, Derbyshire UK.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    Google have a superb business model that would be the market leader even if someone copied it exactly because Google were first to market with it.

They encourage quality and relevance through a variety of control methods because they know that as long as they provide a quality service, their users will keep using them, and without the users, we don't make any money so I'm a huge fan of Google's philosophy.

I don't like it when people ***** about Google slaps or getting penalised, it's only Google trying to improve the quality of their content, how can you object to that? It's in your interest in the long run.

Don't regard them as 'the man' putting you down on some power trip, like some people do because it makes them feel better about their own failings, regard them as a superb marketing resource designed to make everyone money.
    I don't like when people complain about Google because most of the time they feel like Google is obligated to do things for them. That certainly is not the case.

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    I don't like when people complain about Google because most of the time they feel like Google is obligated to do things for them. That certainly is not the case.
    Damn straight...

It's a symptom of the attitude pervading society that life owes you a living.
    It's 530 people, but do you really get it?
    ImgWebDesign - Web design in Buxton, High Peak, Derbyshire UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

google all the way

Hi I think that Google will be around for a long long Time

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Exactly

Google's only obligation is to display sites when users perform searches. It owes you nothing.
    cetin hakimoglu

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure google will be the topes. no one can beat ......... its too far away from all others yahoo msn etc............

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shakir View Post
    sure google will be the topes. no one can beat ......... its too far away from all others yahoo msn etc............
    That's what they said about Altavista.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hash9999 View Post
    Who will be leading among these in 2010?Yahoo or Google?
    GOOGLE

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goooooooooogle

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharibe View Post
    Yahoo will be the king of web search because yahoo is more speedy for indexing pages , and yahoo is more honest for searches
    Google is more relevant than Yahoo in terms of searches...And Yahoo? more speedy in indexing pages? Nope.. Google is faster than Yahoo and MSN in indexing pages...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe google.com will lead the search engine popularity and successfully attract more visitors to their site.. yet they're still struggling to improve their such engine capability and search contents to satisfy their customers in term of contents relevancy...

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe google.com will lead the search engine popularity and successfully attract more visitors to their site..
    Will? Google makes up around two thirds of searches. As for relevancy, that's a continuing issue the engines fight to improve. Google has always been data supreme but with size comes some level of relucatance to change. Who will win the relevancy wars in 5, 10, 15 years is really anyones guess.
    - Ted S