SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Stevie D
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Notice: This is a discussion thread for comments about the SitePoint article, IE and Standards: Chris Wilson Talks.

Thanks for posting this interview.

But is it just me that finds it really difficult to read? With every mumble and stutter transliterated, every 'like' and 'you know' spelt out, it's impossible to get any kind of flow. I appreciate that you're trying to be faithfully accurate, but another time, would it be possible to sanitise the text for the sake of sanity?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly my thoughts, I had some really hard time with trying to read it, so I'll just listen to it when I get back at home.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was hard for me to read as well. I wonder if IE8 will have less problems than IE7 though.

Colin
    SitePoint Community Guest
    The reality maybe the man's thought proccess reflects that of Microsoft... not well thought out, in fact a jumble of incoherent ideas strung together by shere fluke! A mess with no defined goal is what came to me.

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If all Microsoft staff are as confusing and hard to follow as that then I don't hold out much hope for their getting their browser to ever work properly.

Microsoft came up with the <object> tag for incorporating a variety of content into the browser, it was adopted into the standards, all the other browsers implemented it properly, and IE8 still has several rendering issues with it that still restrict how it can be used (at least the beta does, perhaps they'll actually fix those issues before the final release but I for one wouldn't want to hold my breath waiting).
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">