SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adsense earnings horrible this month?

Is it just me or are the adsense earnings sucking this month? My earnings have gone down 50% and doesn't show any signs of coming back up this month - my traffic has gone up as well, but perhaps, less advertisers, or less payouts this month.

Who's with me?
    Love pets? Why not discuss virtual pets?
    Contact me on Twitter @cpvr

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My adsense earnings are flat this month but I significantly tweaked them so I'm still in the process of seeing where they will settle. Right now I'm enthused because my site wide CPM doubled but I'm not sure if the holidays boosted them or not.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the ads on site. If they do not relate to site topic earnings go down and check to see if your smart priced. If ads on site are for other sites with adsense filter them or sites with clickbank ads or search engines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcj662 View Post
    Check the ads on site. If they do not relate to site topic earnings go down and check to see if your smart priced. If ads on site are for other sites with adsense filter them or sites with clickbank ads or search engines.
    You do know blocking the advertisers can make you lose money right? I don't block them. I had them blocked in the summer and my earnings sucked and I unblocked the ones that I blocked and my earnings went through the roof.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google has been giving more and more control to advertisers using the content network to allow them to block specific sites and adjust bids. And of course there is the issue of overall traffic quality impacting your payout percentage. Given the increased ad spending for the month I would assume you are either experiencing an issue with traffic quality or just happen to be in a niche thats seeing less competitive advertising due to poor performance.
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    Google has been giving more and more control to advertisers using the content network to allow them to block specific sites and adjust bids. And of course there is the issue of overall traffic quality impacting your payout percentage. Given the increased ad spending for the month I would assume you are either experiencing an issue with traffic quality or just happen to be in a niche thats seeing less competitive advertising due to poor performance.
    Ya, I'm working in the myspace niche. A lot of myspace webmasters have been reporting lower earnings since November.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like advertisers are either pulling out of the niche or the category traffic is doing poorly enough that Google throttled earnings back across the board.
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    Sounds like advertisers are either pulling out of the niche or the category traffic is doing poorly enough that Google throttled earnings back across the board.
    I'm going with the second reason because the same advertisers have been advertising for a while now.

SitePoint Enthusiast josechukkiri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

X'mas and New Year gap

May be the reason that X'mas and New Year is approaching. So due to the preparations , there may be a gap. If that is right, we can expect a rise in the third week of December onwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope my site picks up and start make a lot of money i just put the site up a week ago and its already making coins it is not the greatest site in the world but it is a good website i read a lot of post and people say their adsense sites that makes money is like a roller coaster it goes up and down

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just you - adsense doing better this month for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodiE55 View Post
    It's just you - adsense doing better this month for me.
    Ya, right.

http://success.grownupgeek.com/index...y-with-paypal/

One of the problems is that Adsense earnings are low this month. Seeing what has always been my largest source of income drop is a bit unnerving - what would you think if your biggest earner was at an all time (or near-all time) low?
    It's not just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm not doing so bad i just started anyways with my adsense website i hear a lot of talk about how much adsense is making i will just have to see for my self