SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Analytics alternatives?

Is there software like Google Analytics that would allow me to host everything myself?

I would also like to be able to track individual sites, and to have separate logins for the statistics related to the individual sites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google Analytics is urchin. You can get it. Not free though.

http://www.google.com/analytics/urchin_downloads.html

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a variety of analytics tools that you can install on your webserver however for a variety of reasons, most important of which is the log file nature of install apps versus javascript & cookies of asps, they do not tend to be anywhere near as powerful as what you get from a remotely hosted solution.

That said, here are a few of the top picks:

- AWStats
    - Webalizer
    - Urchin
    - Analog
    - Sawmill
    - Ted S

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly what I was looking for, but thanks nonetheless guys.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by knopix View Post
    Not exactly what I was looking for, but thanks nonetheless guys.
    Sorry we couldn't provide you with the tools you wanted but ultimately that is the self-install market. There's likely a few other systems I missed in my list but as I mentioned, web analytics have, for the most part, moved to online services.

Why? Simply put because ASP models are better. Web Analytics features are in hot demand and software is changing at such a fast pace that a hosted application just isn't going to compete. Furthermore, log analysis lacks much of the clickstream and behavioral data that javascript/ cookie based tools can get and also do a poor job at understanding true unique visitors. Throw in things like conversion funnels, multiple data-sources, custom variables and so forth and you end up with very powerful solutions that no one wants to give the source away for.

Thus what you're left with is amazing ASP solutions including Omniture's SiteCatalyst, VisualSciences, Coremetrics, and Webtrends. All of these providers have robust, powerful and sophisticated tools. Of course these are more enterprise level solutions but all offer fairly reasonable pricing and should be able to easily justify the investment.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait so are you talking about urchin 6? I have just done a little research and everything that I can find is free...

Urchin 6 software will not be free when it is released. However, if you paid for an Advanced Support contract that expired after March 2006, you will be offered a free upgrade to Urchin 6 software when it is available. If you are looking for a free analytics service, please sign up for Google Analytics.
    So I dont know..I am sort of looking for the same thing..I am using Google Analytics but wouldnt mind having a better accuracy instead of updating every 24 hours like Analytics does.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fetchblog View Post
    wait so are you talking about urchin 6? I have just done a little research and everything that I can find is free...

So I dont know..I am sort of looking for the same thing..I am using Google Analytics but wouldnt mind having a better accuracy instead of updating every 24 hours like Analytics does.
    Try http://www.reinvigorate.net/
    Not as powerful as Analytics, but it's realtime and works well for smaller sites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at Deep Log Analyzer http://www.deep-software.com/
    NumaNuma.com - Show us your funny side.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think if there are any that offer free services it would as good as google. Their analysis data is a lot. Maybe that is the reason why it takes 24 hours to compile the result. I won't mind wait 24 hours if it a good stat and FREE.