SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    SitePoint Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    826
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    my AdSense Pub number changed in source code!

    Hi All,

    I'm shocked at what's been happening and surprised no one else is experiencing this. I'm currently back and forth with adsense support to help resolve but want to share my story to keep an eye out for this...

    1) Over the past several days, I noticed my adsense impressions and earnings plummeting to a level of concern.

    2) After a few back and forth emails to adsense support, it is revealed that the pub number of my ads is not mine and that, quote, "impressions are currently being credited to a third party's account ID."

    3) In amazement that this is of little or no concern to adsense support, I am lost as to why or how this is happening. Finding out there is no phone support, I need to take immediate action myself. The only thing I can think is to change my ftp password. I do.

    4) I also change the 2 ad placement codes on my website back to my pub number and wait to see. Lo and behold, less than 24 hours after changing my ftp password, one of my adsense codes are back to a, quote, "third party's."

    The exact code I pulled from my source this morning is:

    <!--
    google_ad_client = "pub-1394888893417857";

    //336x280, oluşturulma 13.12.2007
    google_ad_slot = "5414868743";

    google_ad_width = 336;
    google_ad_height = 280;
    //-->

    This is how I left my html code the day before:

    <!--
    google_ad_client = "pub-3364517003478449";
    //300x250, under-H3
    google_ad_slot = "5042441616";
    google_ad_width = 300;
    google_ad_height = 250;
    //-->

    So as you can see the pub number was changed, the description, and the ad size!
    Please please please help me get to the bottom of this so I do not keep loosing my business dollars while someone else gains. How do you suppose this is happening? Certainly Google can locate the exact person who is doing this.

    Thoughts?? And thank you.

    Josh

  2. #2
    SitePoint Enthusiast opticbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change your server passwords as soon as possible. Sounds like someone has access to your files.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    826
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey opticbyte,

    What's odd is that I changed my ftp and password into my cpanel yesterday to a 9 digit generated password (IE. fg4HaeR9x) and the google code was still changed this morning!

    So can this be a flaw within my computer? I'm just so confused as to where this is originating. Apparently, Adsense support is looking into this so I'll keep you posted.

    Thanks.

    Josh

  4. #4
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    va
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt Google can do anything for you.

    You may have an insecure script on the site that is letting people get access to your files even without ftp/shell access.

    Make sure you are running the latest versions of your scripts.

    arn

  5. #5
    SitePoint Enthusiast opticbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arn View Post
    I doubt Google can do anything for you.

    You may have an insecure script on the site that is letting people get access to your files even without ftp/shell access.

    Make sure you are running the latest versions of your scripts.

    arn
    my next thoughts exactly


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •