SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to promote my site

Ive read a lot of articles on how to get more people on your website and make it more attractive but non seem to apply to sporting fan sites.

I run a Aston Villa fan site which is a football (soccer) club in the UK. Over the years ive watched Villa fansites come around and dissapear apart from the offical website, the official fanzine and a blog site.

So how can i make my website more appealing? I want my website to be on the lips of fans of my football club. I want it to be bigger than what it is. Im not interested in the money making sides of things. As what i earn now pays for the site to run itself so thats not a problem.

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you doing to directly contact fans?
    I would say that creating some personal connections with important fans would be a "biggie". Don't just think about seo. Think about how you can talk to real people in person, on the phone, or otherwise, and get them involved in your site.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree. With any community based sites you need a group of "hard-core" members. members who will answer questions enter competitions and promote the site for you. Unfortunately you cant buy these kinds of people. You have to search for them and hope you get lucky. Maybe hand out fliers out the front of the stadium on game day.

by the way go LIVERPOOL!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol Liverpool :P

Ive emailed every Aston Villa Supporters Group listed in the official Supporters Group directory to try and do a feature page on each and every supporters group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could start by stumbling your website (see stumbleupon.com) to drive immediate traffic. I've checked your website and it hasn't been stumbled yet. Don't forget to tag the site with relevant keywords.
    I also publish an internet marketing tip every day on my website, see link below.
    http://www.antosch-and-lin.com - Language Learning

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also try posting in other aston villa forums that allow signature and place your aston villa site as your signature. I just visited your site and it looks neat. Good luck in your site!