SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Utilizing worpress comments in non wordpress pages?

Hello,

I integrated the front end of another application into wordpress. That other application creates its own pages that now sit within the wordpress template.

I was wondering if there is a way to utilize wordpress comments for those pages. Is there is a way to have comments for something that it is not a wordpress post or page.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do these other pages have access to the WP functions (you say the sit within the template)? If so then it won't be a problem and if not, you will just need to create sql commands to pull the comments. It would really be an easy sql statement and then the matter of looping through the result set.
    Sara

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, those other pages do have access to the WP functions. (but there is no "Loop" since there is no WP post or page displayed)

However what I need is not just to pull comments, but also to enter comments for those other pages. What I noticed is that in WP database each comment is associated with a post ID. The pages created by this other application do not have a WP post ID.