SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beating your competitors backlinks

Ok, simple question but could take me hours to figure it out on my own and still not be sure so please indulge me.

(all other things being equal)

I'm doing a keyword analysis and I've got to the link analysis stage to see which optimised sites I can compete with for the keywords that are looking good.

If I see a content page using my keyword phrase in the SERP that has say a PR5 with 2 IBLs, the PR being passed down from the main index page of that site which has PR6 and 1300 links..

Can I beat the content page itself by achieving a higher PR for my page optimised with that keyword phrase and with more higher quality IBLs, or do I have to beat their content page AND their index page to rank higher than the content page?

I know what I want the answer to be.........

Any advice is appreciated
    Last edited by JJMcClure; Dec 11, 2007 at 11:09.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your trying to beat the inner page that has 2 links? Well esentially it has 2 links plus a percentage of the 1300 links the main page has.

either way it wont matter because if you are going to achieve a higher PR than the inner page you are on par with thier main page anyway.

But to answer your question Yes. If you get more links and pr than the page (including passed on value from thier other pages) then you will rank higher all other things being equal.

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.