User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type in a Drop-Down Box

Is it possible using html or javascript, to allow users to type in a drop-down box if the option they're after doesn't exist in the list of options? I've defintely seen this before at least in a windows applications, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it online as well.

Does anyone know if this is at all possible? The only alternatives to this is to either have drop-down menu AND a textfield (wastes space), or have a little button which switches between the drop-down menu and a textfield. Both of those alternatives aren't ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just going by the name of that, I'm not after an auto-completer. I want drop-down field which you can selected a value from OR simply type in the value you want. For example, if I had a form which asked the user what colour they liked, I would provide a drop-down menu of a few of the most common colours, but if the user wanted to, they could type in some toher colour that's not in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, but i gave you a point of start. Anyway, here is EXACTLY what you want: http://home.exetel.com.au/cweatures/...combotest.html