User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embedded RSS Feeds

I am looking for a script that will allow me to embed RSS feeds into my site and stylize them using CSS. I'd prefer if this script was SE friendly as well.

I found some web-based generators like FeedSweep.com, but they put their link on the bottom and I'd prefer something I could install on my server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jon, you're going to have to use a server-side programming language for this. Also understand that due to the syndicated nature of RSS feeds, the content on the feeds may be considered duplicate content by the search engines if they comprise a large amount of your page.

Does your server support PHP by any chance?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, my server does support php. I am figuring it would be more SEO friendly. This is what I could find: http://www.feedforall.com/php-documentation.htm anyone used it?

Also, I'm not going to be pulling content from other sites, rather I will have specific pages about topics, and pull feeds from my WordPressMU community and specific vBulletin forums that are already on my server. I basically want to display content from both in a similar fashion to make it easy for my visitors to find information on a specific topic on my site.