SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XSitePro Success?

Anyone ever use XSitePro with any success? Other than the flashy landing page, I don't really know what the advantages are. Are there other recommended alternatives?

Also, what's this I've heard that XSitePro sites could be banned? And is there an independent blackhat version or is Xsitepro a blackhat tool?

Thanks!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhd333 View Post
    Anyone ever use XSitePro with any success? Other than the flashy landing page, I don't really know what the advantages are. Are there other recommended alternatives?

Also, what's this I've heard that XSitePro sites could be banned? And is there an independent blackhat version or is Xsitepro a blackhat tool?

Thanks!
    XsitePro banned? What's the reason? XsitePro is simply a website creator, very easy to use, and very powerful. If you know your coding, then probably you don't need xsitepro.

I use it besides dreamweaver, and no sites of mine have been banned by using xsitepro. Version 2 is supposed to come this year and it is supposed to be even more powerful.

Only two drawbacks I have found : all files are placed in root directory, no folders or directories are created for the site; and although modifying header is easy if dyou on't have some design talent your header final design might simply suck, and you end up with an ugly looking site...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Xsitepro if you want to produce sites quickly it does the job it was one of my better purchases and from the sounds of it the new version will be even better.