User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied

Im getting these error messages:

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method Location.toString
    Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property HTMLDocument.title
    Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property Window.mplayerObj

when trying to access this site:

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_t...e=v_free&_mp=1

The heart of the matter is this. For some reason the public internet provider i use, metro-fi, appears to be denying permission to get these video streams from mlb.com.

When I use other internet providers, the calls work properly. Any ideas why an internet provider would block certain javascript executions?

Unobtrusively zen silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The Location.toString normally comes from an iframe trying to load external content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some iframe elements used in the page source. I dont know if these would cause the error or not. I cant see why it would work fine using another internet service provider but fail to work with another one. Heres the code anyway, any ideas would help:

<iframe height="1" width="1" src="/shared/media/mp_blank_frame.jsp" frameborder="0" name="wmpEventFrame" id="wmpEventFrame"></iframe>

<iframe src="#" id="workFlow" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>