SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google AdSense! Any tips?

I'm wanting to promote my company using google adsense. I only want my ad to show up for those users in the same state as me. I've heard it's best to run different campaigns at the same time and find out which one is more sufficent. However, what is a good way to come up with keywords to run on those campaigns? Is there anything else I should be aware of?

I know that you can dedicate a certain amount of money. What is the least amount of money that you would recommend me using for the campaigns to see which one is it the best to actually determine whether or not it was better?

Thanks,

winter is around the corner Tomer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very general questions there.

Yeah you should run a few different types of ads [different keywords, ads..etc] for a bit to see which is doing best. Basically, you need to check the ROI of each campaign and go from there.

How much money to spend? That really depends on your budge and how sure you are of this. If you're selling a product, you should advertise enough to get a few 10's or orders on each campaign to see results.

Good luck!
    - Tomer

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for finding keywords. Ask your potential customers or at least pretend to be one. What would you search for to get your product/service. Wordtracker offer a free service that is pretty good at finding how well keywords do. Use it as a guide though.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the opposite side of the coin people say adsense earning is dead, does anyone agree??