User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CravingBusters.com Review Please...

Hi There...

Just working on the website for my Husband's new business. We would appreciate any feedback you might have regarding the site. Thanks much! http://www.cravingbusters.com

Last edited by CSPro; Dec 4, 2007 at 17:10. Reason: url add

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CSPro,

Overall the site looks pretty good.

Just a couple quick things to fix-

1. I would either center your footer text, or move it to the right more. It seems to be in 'no man's land' right now.

2. You have little white triangles showing at the corner of your large red graphic. A simple fix is to create the same graphic on a background that is colored the same gray as your site's background color. Then the graphic will blend seamlessly into the background.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't like it because there are no people. Maybe add someone looking relieved that they just quit on the homepage. The colors should be warm and soothing and not alarming. This is just my opinion. Also I think you should put the phone number in the header, move over the logo to the left. I like to "emulate" other similar sites, so go to google and search for stop smoking sites and see how they look....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The colours seam a bit garish, and the main image looks pixelated as do the buttons. It also looks a little small and lost on a large screen.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The image on the front page has no alt tag.

The site dosn't validate as transitional.
    go to http://validator.w3.org/ to check the site.

It's good that you have google analytics, but is the analytics script meant to be within a div? I wouldn't really know, but it seems wrong.

Speaking of divs, the id's you have given some of the element's seem a bit cryptic. not that it matters as far as actual viewing of the site is concerned. I was just thinking of site maintenance etc.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will comment mostly on the visuals, so here goes. The first thing I noticed is that the menu buttons at the top are a bit misaligned. This is more noticeable when you visit the other pages. The corners of your website layout also have white showing in the background. These need to be blended in with the dark gray background.

I have mixed feelings about the left menu. The yellow color does complement the red nicely, but somehow they feel '90's and out of place with the rest of the site. Maybe it's the fact that they look beveled and with Times New Roman text.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you...

I appreciate your input. We will be taking a closer look at the site and implementing changes. It's so helpful to have feedback from everyone here.

Last edited by CSPro; Dec 6, 2007 at 14:29. Reason: spelling error

SitePoint Evangelist OwainGDWilliams's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with the above comments but I have also got a couple of other ideas which I hope might help you.

The site doesnt feel unique. I can't put my finger on it but it feels like it could be advertising or giving information about anything. If you changed the text in the center to say "Needing to find someone special? Join our dating club now!" it would work. Does that make sense?
    The only thing that is telling me its about quiting smoking is the big square box in the center of the screen saying "You can quit smoking". Which I feel could be improved as the site looks nice and smooth and then the big white box in the middle takes the edge off that.

Its one of these websites I find annoying, not because the designs is bad, because its not, I just can't get used to the look and thinking that its a quit smoking site.
    Some pictures on the main site of people may help or more text about the site. I know its advertising your next meeting but without a short description about the site or what you aim to do I wouldnt think about going to the meeting.
    Thats it! Its just come to me, it looks like a one page advert site. It doesnt make me want to navigate around the site. You get to the front page see the announcement about the meeting and you don't want to go anywhere else to find out any other info.
    Maybe make the first page about Craving Busters Inc and mention within the text about your meetings, have a seperate meetings page so people have to look for the navigation panel, just now I don't feel the need to even look for a navigation bar. The nav bar kind of blends in to the design rather than stands out so people can see it clearly.

Hope this doesnt seem too harsh, the overall look is nice maybe just change the colour of the navbar area to something else to help seperate it from the rest of the red?

O.
    Failure happens, its what you learn from it that is important!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I don't like the colors of your page -> they are too heavy (think of sth lighter). Also the graphic on the main page (you can't..) doesn't play with the rest.

It's good idea they you have put a phone number above the menu (trust building effect). I like the idea of a membership (join a group thing).

And the last thing, there is a problem with transparency of your images (corners of the red layer). Aaa... titles ! they should be longer and more descriptive.

Good luck!