SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist kooshin.com's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CD writer install....please help.

hello guys. You have a nice forum here. If i posted this in the wrong forum then please mods move it to the right forum

I have a computer that has a CD-ROM reader then Yesterday I bought CAMBO, a cd writer/dvd writer and they installed it on the computer under the normal cd reader. Now the problem is nothing is showing. The door is opening and it has power but no other drive name is showing when I go to My Computer so currently the drives are

A -floppy, C, D, E , F - cd rom , G- usb flash ,

I even installed the driver which it came with but I don't know how to make it work.

Of course there is a lot of free space on the computer.

I need to do this as soon as possble so please help me.

thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well still it is not working.... i don't know what to do .. it is not detecting it and it is not displaying any drive letter for it. what can i do ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try to let windows find the hardware if it doesnt show up. Start -> settings -> control panel -> ad hardware. If it can't find anything, you might want to make sure the cables are connected properly.

Another thing that might be going on is that both of the devices on the same cable are set to master with the jumpers on the back of the device. You might want to have a look at that as well.
    Travel Photos on Flickr - Twitter

“Never give up. Never surrender”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the answer. I phoned the company that installed it , it is just last night and the worker who installed it told me to bring it back because it mgiht be the wires. the wires that came with the Combo were not used because he told me that there are wires ready to be used so i will take the new unused wires so they can be used. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi guys thanks for all your replies. I was not the one who installed it but some guy at the company. I took it back and someone else installed it again cause there was a problem with the jumpers stuff so now it is working fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, that was the first thing I thought. Why techies install stuff and don't check if it's working before handing it over is anyone's guess. They can save some much grief!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kooshin.com View Post
    hello guys. You have a nice forum here. If i posted this in the wrong forum then please mods move it to the right forum

I have a computer that has a CD-ROM reader then Yesterday I bought CAMBO, a cd writer/dvd writer and they installed it on the computer under the normal cd reader. Now the problem is nothing is showing. The door is opening and it has power but no other drive name is showing when I go to My Computer so currently the drives are

A -floppy, C, D, E , F - cd rom , G- usb flash ,

I even installed the driver which it came with but I don't know how to make it work.

Of course there is a lot of free space on the computer.

I need to do this as soon as possble so please help me.

thanks in advance.

Check the master slave combination of the combo drive.It may be a possible reason for not showing you the drive.
    RockAway Technology
    www.rtginc.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockaway View Post
    Check the master slave combination of the combo drive.It may be a possible reason for not showing you the drive.
    they made it work .

Yeah they could have saved me a lot of time really cause I needed it urgently.

thanks guys