SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80gb firewire hard drive enclosure

The power connection on my LaCie porsche drive is faulty. Repair costs too much, but I know for a fact the drive is perfect. It's a Western Digital WD800BB. Can anyone point me to an enclosure that I can swap this drive in to and still connect to my Mac with firewire? I just need something cheap and simple to get me by the next couple months.
    ~Dorian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    $45: http://www.upgradenation.com/Vantec_...id-557022.html. Just about every other external FW enclosure I've seen is $90+. I have a vantec 2.5" enclosure and it works just fine, but it's not the sturdiest thing in the world (what are you expecting for half off?)

Just make sure it works with the type of drive found in the Lacie (size and interface, i.e. 3.5" SATA), it should be fine though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgarcia View Post
    $45: http://www.upgradenation.com/Vantec_...id-557022.html. Just about every other external FW enclosure I've seen is $90+.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Mine showed up today. The site tried charging me $28 for UPS Ground, but I asked cust svc about it before I finalized the order and they dropped it to $8.
    ~Dorian

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a pretty price.