User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obtaining Free Subscribers To My Network

Hi,

I have launched a new site to assist people in link buidling and i am trying to get people to sign up to my free network.
    You basically add your site and then in return all the sites in the network will link to your site, you can check all the links in the admin panel and see who is linking to you, also it gets you listed in google in 72 hours.

I have tried DP/Sitepoint placing posts trying to get people to sign up and to be honest its difficult.
    Its a free service until i can get enough sites on board to be able to actually charge for it and it actually works yet it is soooo difficult to get people to sign up.

So far i have tried

Sitepoint
    DP
    Sig Links
    Gumtree

Can you suggest any other ways to get promote to gain free subscribers?
    Maybe people are just wary these days

stewpot

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't believe the problem is in your promotion but in your plan.

I looked at your how it works page and sorry, but IMO it won't.

The only backlinks that count are links from sites with content relevant to your content. I didn't see any emphasis on warrant of relevance on your site. I certainly don't want links for "ABC Plumbing" backlinking to my bath and body site and I'm sure that ABC Plumbing wouldn't want backlinks from my bath and body site.

You say sign up is free, but it really isn't. For free you request that sites "volunteer" to put outgoing links on their sites. Here, the same analogy as above. I certainly don't want to have to put ABC plumbing links on my site and I'm sure they wouldn't want to link to my B & B site.

You also don't show any results. So right now you have a plan that you believe will work but may or may not work in reality. The only way I could find out is go for the paid membership and sorry... but it really isn't worth the monthly fee you ask for it.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response.

The only backlinks that count are links from sites with content relevant to your content.
    This is not proven all links count. The way the site works is that you get backlinks from the relevant category in our directory. So if you put your link in the 'Business' category then all links from the network of webites signed up point to your site via this catergory and hence it makes the link relevant.

Yes i want to charge eventually, the price is not decided as yet but with 300 free subscibers all linking to your site via your relevant category then it should work.

I appreciate the comments even through they are negative and i take them on board.
    At the end of the day its free cause i am not charging for this, if you want the all the links but dont want to put a link on your site then yes that will cost the subscription price, but as yet i am not at that stage

S

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you're creating is a link farm (90's style), and it's not going to help you or anyone else. Search engines know these "links" or "resources" pages are just spam meant to manipulate search results.

Also, the borders of your form inputs are so close to white on my laptop under fluorescent lights in this lecture hall that I couldn't see where to type to see how the page worked.