SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you may also want to publish an article on whatever product you are marketing...this will get you even more publicity and set you up as an expert in your field.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doorkeeper833 View Post
    I know this may seem strange to many people but I don't know the first thing about internet marketing. I'm interested to learn as much as possible on the subject and would be grateful for any advice on how & where to begin. I've made the usual beginner's mistake of overloading myself with so much information from so many sources that I simply haven't a clue where to start.

Could anyone, for example, refer me to a site where I could receive individual coaching (preferably at not too high a price)?

Any help would be warmly appreciated.
    Feel free to visit my website.
    That's exactly what I provide for newcomers to the industry.
    Individual coaching for starting up a online business & marketing your online business using FREE Web 2.0 Techniques
    Learn The Secrets To Generating
    FREE TRAFFIC And Leads By Using Web 2.0
    Secrets , Who Will Pay You $150 Each Time!

http://www.the20yearold.com/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hai ted S

very good informations, really it is very good information to all who are in online business and internet marketing..............

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes,i can refer you to a free site that will teach you step by step instructions on how to build a very successful online business,the programs they sponsor are not free,but the information is,everyone involved would of course appreciate it if you took advantage of at least one of the programs involved tho...http://www.payitforward4profits.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes,i can refer you to a free site that will teach you step by step instructions on how to build a very successful online business
    If so everyone here will have such a web site...
    I think that getting profitable web site is possible only through your personal experience
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation,
    dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would certainly agree that everyone should have a similar site,and that experience is ultimately the best method to know how best to grow your company...but for those with no experience,i feel they are entitled to see what is out there and hopefully find a site with step by step instructions that they feel comfortable starting with. I looked for a long,long time before i actually waded thru the hype and found a site that actually taught me how to develop my internet skills and actually make some headway in marketing and advertising. Hopefully our times of trial and error will help those just beginning and looking for a profitable system without all the "hype".

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by headieherbs View Post
    what's your site? that'll help

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buy a book. NOT an ebook. an actual book off amazon. They won't be too rubbish if they've been published. I've learn't a lot from them (but I just buy advert portfolio books rather than text books and learn from what I see).
    --Spark911

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post in chat room and message boards thats how i been marketing my website

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by honestandy View Post
    there are tons of resourecs online, the hardest part i found was detecting the BS from the genuine quality info
    I seem to find the BS sites straight away - the better one are lost in all that dross

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

It's very understandable where the novice internet marketers stand. To be honest, I wouldn't blame one to think internet marketing on many profitable niches are saturated. But as time goes by, over-competetive niches fall out of place, and new ones emerge...It's one's ability to find and anticipate a growing online craze, then a matter of applying a wide variety of online marketing techniques to exploit a profitable venture!

Truth of the matter is...internet marketing is not easy. The reality is far from what many "get rich quick" schemes and "make money online" ebooks and other material potray! It takes not only research, but application and experimentation with the help of some fianances. Don't bother wasting your time reading what every Tom, Dick & Harry puts up on a webpage, plaigerizing other people's work into their own sites.

Keep in mind, if there were 'hot' marketing techniques making people heaps of cash, why would they want to sell it to you...? For $30 a piece, where they could be making thousands doing what they're bragging about. It's not everyday you find people advertising their money making methods for a couple bucks! If they were, the chances are, it's died out, one way or the other!

It took me years to get where I am today, and I run established websites for others. I didn't learn by reading junk from the 1st page search results on SE's about how to cash in on today's big craze! Think "smart" not hard...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The above post is right on. There are web sites for sale on Sitepoint and eslewhere selling E-books offering "Amazing Marketing Techniques, get tons of traffic" which you can buy for like $750. If this guy has the secret, he wouldn't be selling the site at all. He would keep it to himself and make millions.

The internet offers some solid information about marketing but most is of dubious content and applicability. And it's difficult to know the difference when you are starting out. Internet marketing is a continual process. Few sites rely upon high organic listings of multiple keywords to drive traffic and just sit back. We tend to see top 10 listings as nirvana but being in the top 10 SERP does not guarantee big sales! And you might not be there on the next algorithm. You have to do other things too.

You know marketing is tough when you read all the listings of web sites for sale for not that much money. Again and again, the reason for selling is "not enough time to market." I feel at least some of the these reasons could be better put, "I've tried everything I can think of and I've hit the ceiling and the income is not worth the time. Maybe you can do better."

Relatively new sites are for sale with the nostrum, "All this site needs now is a little marketing," like you just turn on a switch or run a few Adwords and watch the money pour in. Marketing a site to solid and sustained profitability isn't easy. If so most everyone would keep their site and not sell it at all.
    Buy 3 permanent deep links for only $5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my website up for 2 weeks and my website is doing fine. I did not pay for any advertisments. I promoted my own site wich is the best thing to do its not all about paying for key words all you have to do is summit your site to the search engines, and a few other promotions and your site will rank it will not do it over night you have to give it time some people just think they can make money over night you have to be patient and give your website a chance to grow then the money will start rolling in.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to respond to the original post. I too am new to internet marketing and there is so much information. It is confusing and overwhelming, however, I have found a website that is very helpful to me. I am in the process of learning step by step how to market effectively. This is my first post, also if anyone can give me any tips or advice(basic stuff please). I'd be grateful.

Wealthy Affiliate Internet Marketing University --
    Want a Free Internet Marketing Guide?
    http://www.wealthyaffiliate.com/?a_aid=c5gLlpOq

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also ask yourself why you need to do internet marketing?
    fash

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To bring in more people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding internet marketing being BS, perhaps this meant that marketing is about selling the Sizzle, not the Steak..so to speak. But, certainly, a person needs to learn the principles of off-line marketing as well as on-line marketing.
    Here is one tip for you to get started with. When marketing something, don't focus on selling the product's features/specs to a person, but focus on what will move your customer to want to buy the product. For example, if you are selling a shirt, don't pitch the fact that it is a Large Blue shirt. Appeal to the customers emotions and what their future will be like when they wear the shirt. Create a vision of what the customerís life will be like with your product.
    For example: When you are out horseback riding, feel the cool breeze in your hair, while wearing this soothing cotton masterpiece. Try to put a vision in the person head. Check out high-end catalogues for good examples of this type of sales technique.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, There are diverse range of marketing tools, strategies over internet. few of them which are worth of referring . . . . . .

Searching : Is very good if your meta is set very carefull
    email : plays very vital role but expensive
    Ads : very strong and highly revenue generating way of marketing over internet
    Last edited by stymiee; Jan 29, 2008 at 07:50.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google adwords is excelent then local yellow paper.

plus interent marketing

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_R View Post
    Regarding internet marketing being BS, perhaps this meant that marketing is about selling the Sizzle, not the Steak..so to speak. But, certainly, a person needs to learn the principles of off-line marketing as well as on-line marketing.
    Here is one tip for you to get started with. When marketing something, don't focus on selling the product's features/specs to a person, but focus on what will move your customer to want to buy the product. For example, if you are selling a shirt, don't pitch the fact that it is a Large Blue shirt. Appeal to the customers emotions and what their future will be like when they wear the shirt. Create a vision of what the customerís life will be like with your product.
    For example: When you are out horseback riding, feel the cool breeze in your hair, while wearing this soothing cotton masterpiece. Try to put a vision in the person head. Check out high-end catalogues for good examples of this type of sales technique.
    I have to agree with this; internet marketing really isn't BS. It is just one more weapon in the arsenal of advertising that is available to us nowadays, and people have to learn to use it effectively.

SitePoint Enthusiast Mike Newton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would add to Kevin_R's post that you research a need/want first, then find/create the product, then market to emotions i.e. benefits not features. Consumers love instant gratification especially if you can solve their problem/perceived problem now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i find adwords to be a fine tool but hey its all about your budget you don't have enough money your ads will stop running haaa haaaaaa

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

InTernet Marketing

Hi,
    One way to promote your site is through link exchanges.

I recently completed a free link exchange site directory http://www.directsubmit.org/
    You can submit your site to 9 directories at once in exchange for a link on your site.
    bizman1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i signed up for a couple of link exchanges website my websites has ranked but with the internet you have to compete to keep your websites at the top of the charts

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Promoting websites via signature links, contextual links can also help to boost traffic.