SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You Bet Your Life...Really lerxtjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think keyword research and Seo are the 2 top things.
    100,000 visitors a day X $0 in sales (or at least leads) still equals zero sales (or leads). Internet marketing also involves the science of converting more visitors to your website to paying customers. If your website is not converting, it doesn't matter if your site is on top of google for 1,000 keyword phrases.

It doesn't matter if you spend $1000 a day in Google Adwords. It doesn't matter if you do a joint venture with someone with a list of a million people. The absolute number 1 first step in learning Internet marketing MUST be optimizing your sales pages and/or website to achieve optimum conversion rates.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by doorkeeper833 View Post
    I know this may seem strange to many people but I don't know the first thing about internet marketing. I'm interested to learn as much as possible on the subject and would be grateful for any advice on how & where to begin. I've made the usual beginner's mistake of overloading myself with so much information from so many sources that I simply haven't a clue where to start.

Could anyone, for example, refer me to a site where I could receive individual coaching (preferably at not too high a price)?

Any help would be warmly appreciated.
    Doorkeeper you can see how confusing it all is just by looking at the controversy just in this thread!

I started my journey into Internet Marketing 3 years ago and in spite of much experience with software spent the first year confused by the conflicting claims and "experts"...

And so I did what you'd expect an ex teacher to do I sat down and wrote a whole bunch of lessons that could help other "newbies" to I.M.

Those lessons are free and I am just launching a membership site with free and paid tuition in the basics.

Check it out http://www.newbieonthenet.com it may just suit you!

And whether you join or not you're welcome to contact me

Alex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    join www.rentacoder.com or www.elance.com and earn money quickly.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My father works for a publishing company and he sells books. He is very successful in selling books that the company made him a trainer for new salesman. Here is one thing he told me about selling: "Present to a client something he needs which he doesn't know that he needs it."

This could be applied in internet marketing. Try to make your headings so much interesting that people will definitely visit. Then when they have visited already, make sure that what you are offering to them in your website is what they need. In other words, make sure sure that you convince them to buy what you are offering.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think adword is the best option....as per my experience goes..and I am not very sure about others. Adwords give quality clicks and hence good business and money......

Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Doorkeeper

Well ! Its almost christmas time and Im sitting here talking on forums. No prob. I guess my advice to you is to resist naval gazing. Put a daily list together and just make sure you do 1 thing well. Thats 7 a week, only go for the things that'll earn you income, resist the rest.

What Im interested in is passive income and working smarter not harder and surfing along with the big players. Making the right moves now. I've spent too long 'naval gazing' and being lead into every bit of sizzle, instead of going places where I respect the people, and know they'll be around for years to come.
    Happy christmas to you. Have a look at this opportunity for starters, I did and am doing very well, since just working it last night! 4 people are signed and ready to go.
    FOLKCARE
    http://viralurl.com/ppplay/gains
    Hear the voice as you open the page

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com/

Join up and learn your **** off. Pay attention to people in other ventures who are listed in the content. They all are wonderful teachers.

Thank me later.

Also, if you end up joining Facebook/the other Web 2.0 stuff that's being mentioned, look me up. I'd love to send traffic your way once I have some.

SitePoint Evangelist webchalkboard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone got an information about that thirtydaychallenge then? I've watched the video and sounds interesting although a little salesy. I have to admit I am curious though...
    Websites for Sale - Sell websites in a purpose built marketplace
    Then do some Shopping

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not heard of it either, is it actually free?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's completely 100% free. There's literally nothing to lose (except maybe all your free time because it's really cool and also introduces you to other major players in the internet marketing field).

Just sign up and check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm new to internet marketing i herd the adwords can cost a lot by me promoting my own site and summitting it to search engines is that helpful enough do any one have any tricks of trades in to driving traffic to your site i plan to buy a marketing email tool i'm trying to put much work in my websites as i can
    Last edited by marbles21; Dec 20, 2007 at 00:48. Reason: word spelled wrong

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also need to know the truth about search engine and how it works.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaliaTK View Post
    Yes, it's completely 100% free. There's literally nothing to lose (except maybe all your free time because it's really cool and also introduces you to other major players in the internet marketing field).

Just sign up and check it out.
    I just might do that, I don'thave to give my credit card information or anything like that do i? I never do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

promoting my website

thanks a lot thunderlight for the useful information i will use it to my advantange

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talia0803 View Post
    I just might do that, I don'thave to give my credit card information or anything like that do i? I never do that.
    Nope; the only thing that's required is a valid e-mail address, so that you can receive the great e-mail content. Do feel free to use a "disposable" e-mail account if you like.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope; the only thing that's required is a valid e-mail address, so that you can receive the great e-mail content. Do feel free to use a "disposable" e-mail account if you like.
    cool, i'll check it out Thanks for the heads up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    talia ok i will check this out if it helps with marketing

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Google Adwords for marketing/advertising.
    But hard to get much click-through.
    10% Discount on All Diamond Jewellery at Wendy's Jewellery

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com/

Join up and learn your **** off. Pay attention to people in other ventures who are listed in the content. They all are wonderful teachers.

Thank me later.

Also, if you end up joining Facebook/the other Web 2.0 stuff that's being mentioned, look me up. I'd love to send traffic your way once I have some.
    I have joined the thirty day challenge and I am on the first day of training. It looks really interesting and will continue training on a day to day basis. Thank you for sharing that site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkalot View Post
    I have joined the thirty day challenge and I am on the first day of training. It looks really interesting and will continue training on a day to day basis. Thank you for sharing that site.
    I never got the email, I will have to check my spam box again, I want to get started too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the information i will sign up for that i just signed up for adwords

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your question has been answered to an extent,but i just want to add that to succeed in marketing you need to build a list of people interested in what you are marketing.I personally promote a business that helps you build your list while making money whether someone joins your primary company or not.so my advice is to start building a list,the money is in the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Internet Marketing Company has huge resources for exactly what you are looking for. This is just one link to get you going.
    Ross Bartholomew
    Web Designer/Developer
    BartWebSites
    E-mail: ross@bartwebsites.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks, Ross. Merry Xmas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info i will use it to my advantage what i also did to was post on other messag boards signed up for adwords wrote a blog and so on to get my website to the highest rank i was also told by adding moore features to my site will help