SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AdSense account disabled!

We had our AdSense account disabled and when we asked them the reason for that, they replied us by sending this link: http://www.google.com/support/webmas...=35769#quality

We're not doing any of the things mentioned on this page... but even if we do, would it be a valid reason to disable an AdSense account ? I think that problem would belong to the SE area, and would be reasonable that Google SE banned those sites applying illegal techniques, rather than having the AdSense account disabled.

We again, asked them for a more detailed reason (eg: which site is not complying their policy) and they again sent us the same link: http://www.google.com/support/webmas...=35769#quality

Any idea/suggestion? Have you heard about a similar case?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You agreed to their terms and those terms state that they can kick you out whenever they so choose. So a "valid" reason would already be that they don't like what you ate for breakfast yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just apply for re-conciliation. If you are doing nothing wrong they are likely to give you your account back if not they may give you a more detailed response as to why they have disabled your account.
    "When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows',
    people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those
    with the system, for free'." (L. Torvalds)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhm, a more detailed response? You are living in this world, right? They won't give out anything that might help people who are defrauding the system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well actually a friend of mine's account was suspended and after contacting Google and with some help from Google and another of his friends they were able to work out that infact somebody (a competitor we later discovered) had stolen his Adsense ID and abused it to deliberately get his account suspended. After this was discovered and Google was told they looked at their logs and discovered the same thing and so his account was reinstated.
    "When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows',
    people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those
    with the system, for free'." (L. Torvalds)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twistie View Post
    Well actually a friend of mine's account was suspended and after contacting Google and with some help from Google and another of his friends they were able to work out that infact somebody (a competitor we later discovered) had stolen his Adsense ID and abused it to deliberately get his account suspended. After this was discovered and Google was told they looked at their logs and discovered the same thing and so his account was reinstated.
    Wow, thats some crazy stuff right there...I havent been messing with Adsense lately, but that doesnt sound like something I want to deal with...I mean they can kick you for whatever reason...that makes me want to go somewhere else...Why would I want to advertise for someone who can kick me because I ate oranges instead of apples for breakfast...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question...were you spamming myspace/getting links from Myspace/Facebook or any other social networks...because if so, whoever you are advertising for, say google...could have gotten a call from myspace saying blah blah they are spamming blah blah

Its happened to me before.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twistie View Post
    That problem has been resolved, there is now a tab where you state what domains are running your adsense code.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fetchblog View Post
    Question...were you spamming myspace/getting links from Myspace/Facebook or any other social networks...because if so, whoever you are advertising for, say google...could have gotten a call from myspace saying blah blah they are spamming blah blah

Its happened to me before.
    No, we haven't done anything like that... nor have we applied any illegal technique to rank higher in SE... and if so, if they consider we did something illegal, i would like them to let me know what's wrong... but they keep sending that link with the quality guidelines.

We'll probably reapply and wait to hear from them...