User Tag List

Thread: Email Marketing

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email Marketing

I have just completed a website for a client of mine, and they have a large database of customers who liked to be kept updated on new menu's etc they have... (they are a restaurant)... I am trying to find them a few good options for ways to send out the group emails, I have designed up the templates as HTML pages... Anyone know of any god sites out there? Or even programs?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally the best way to send email is with an off-site solution -- the deliverability is better as is the problems of spam complaints.

A few cheaper options include Vertical Response, Contact Contact and iBuilder. If you're looking to send anything close to or over 100,000 messages a month, give ExactTarget, Silverpop and EmailLabs a call. And regardless of what provider you go with, download some of the marketing materials published by all of those companies plus enterprise email & analytic vendors like Responsys, Omniture and Marketing Sherpa to get some tips on more effective email communications.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any good email software out there to sent out emails?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several good email campaign softwares -- intellicontact, constant contact, etc. A good thing to track as well is how each one fares on reporting -- i.e. what type of users are reading your emails and converting.
    Rapleaf: Person Data and Address Book Importer API
    Free & REST based. http://www.rapleaf.com/developer

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tomy,

You might want to take a look at this extensive list of email programs and use that search button for the Sitepoint forum too.This question is probably asked at least every week or two and you'll find lots of good info in the many posts that are here.

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. If you've already designed your html templates, you might especially want to consider www.campaignmonitor.com and www.mailchimp.com as I think they both make it easy to upload and work with html you've developed. Be sure to get Mailchimps free email marketing guide while you're there - it's a good read!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ravedesigns... Sorry about that I should have used the search... Well CampaignMonitor looks great... So I was confused as to what i would need, do I also need MailBuild? Or can I just simply insert HTML templates into CampaignMonitor?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomyknoker View Post
    Hi Ravedesigns... Sorry about that I should have used the search... Well CampaignMonitor looks great... So I was confused as to what i would need, do I also need MailBuild? Or can I just simply insert HTML templates into CampaignMonitor?
    No prob, I sometimes forget the search option is there myself, but there's a wealth of great info in many of the older threads here.

I haven't looked at CMs services in a while, but the last time I checked, MailBuild is really for designers to offer do-it-yourself email services to their clients so they create and send themselves...so you don't need that to do campaigns for yourself.

Both Campaign Monitor and MailChimp make it easy to upload an existing html design and they are similar in many ways, but check out their pricing and see what you think works best for you.

I think they both offer trial accounts so I would recommend trying them or any other solutions you look at first before making a decision.

Cheers,

Steve

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out our software
    Last edited by Hartmann; Dec 17, 2007 at 12:11. Reason: Removed URL. Self-promotion is not permitted.
    "si-AdPlace Pro" - Text Ad Software

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good system,you can test 30 day.
    Last edited by Hartmann; Dec 17, 2007 at 12:13. Reason: URL removed. Self-promotion is not allowed.