SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does gmail keep freezing up?

I don't know if anyone's experienced this, but my gmail freezes up in my Firefox browser. I don't use IE so i'm not sure if this issue occurs there. this especially happens when I try to check email in one of the folders I created. As soon as I click on that folder, the browser freezes and I have to close the browser and restart again. But then it happens again. It's happend a few times in general as well so I'm not sure if the issue is limited to this one folder ( i can't imagine why) or if it's just a general issue.

Anyone know why?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Kailash Badu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does you Firefox have Firebug enabled for Gmail? It's known to have a few issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kailash Badu View Post
    Does you Firefox have Firebug enabled for Gmail? It's known to have a few issues.
    I do have firebug and disabled it completely this time. so we'll see what happens. I so love my Firebug though

But, I do have firebug on my on my other computer and it doesn't freeze up at all. Perhaps it's something to do with the computer itself? Hmmm....

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The JavaScript code in GMail is antiquated rubbish. The best option is to disable JavaScript completely for that site to avoid problems with their script misidentifying your browser with their 1994 approach to JavaScript.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed it hanging for a couple of seconds every now and again when I log in after the changes they made a week or two ago. Doesn't completely freeze though.

As for Firebug - if you log into Gmail with it enabled you get a message at the top of the screen warning you to turn it off.

-Tim