User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you see it, now you don't

I'm slowly going mad...

www.sky-web.net/head/ - only the home, physiology and training samples are online to play with and each is slightly different.

The fun starts in IE6 (you'd guessed that already, hadn't you) and it's highly dependant on the width of the browser.

With the browser set at a width of 933px or less, if you visit the pages, all you can see is the background image! If you re-size the browser a tiny tiny bit, you see the content! Click on any link, and you get just the background again. Resize a tiny bit and content appears again.

Also it's meant to fill 85% of the viewport with a min and max width, and in IE6 that's not working either - is the conditional statement wrong, or is it all part of the same problem?

Needless to say, it all works okay in IE7, Firefox and Safari.

If you find a solution, stick to the home page layout for the explanation.

PS Can I join the IE6 stinks club?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Centauri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try removing all the position:relative rules from the divs styles in the main css file - the odd relative position can sometimes resolve an IE6 issue, and it may be capable of creating one as well...

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THANKS!

That seems to have solved it. I had added a few more position:relative; when I noticed it going wrong - it would seem that the very first ones I added were the problem. Working with three css files with slight differences between them probably meant I wasn't editing things consistently across all three.

Now all I have to do is persuede the client that the almost fluorescent blue around the runner image that he sent is a bad idea...