SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Giving credit where credit is due!

Hi to all,

I am a huge fan of the above statement "Give credit where credit is due."
    Recently I had made a purchase with sitepoint.com ordering the Web Design Business Kit and numerous other books. Within the purchase the offer of free standard delivery was offered. Me being the impatient bum I am took the $7.95 offer of express knowing that I would have the products within 5 - 10 working days.

Unfortunately, I had been waiting a tad bit longer then the 10 working days with no result. I sent off an email to sitepoint informing them that my order had not arrived within the specified time and if they could make further enquiries as to where my order may be. I also made a request if I could receive a refund only on the express delivery fee considering that the items were not received within the specified delivery time.

Within 2 days of the email, I had received my items, an email from sitepoint apologising and also I was refunded the express delivery fee. There were no disputes, no questions, just quick, swift response. And a response that has made one customer extremely happy.

In the whole scheme of business $7.95 will not make or break a company or an individual, but it is the principle of the situation that matters.

I find it very rare these days to find good customer service on the internet, let alone great customer service that I have received from sitepoint. A lot of companies these days tend to hide behind the internet firewalls and try to pass blame onto anything else but themselves. I found sitepoint to be direct and extremly efficent.

Thank you sitepoint for allowing me to believe in good ol' fashion customer service Your company has inspired me to instill this service to all my customers, as I know first hand how happy it can make a customer and what positive affect it can have.
    Regards,
    BJ Duncan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take some credit yourself for making this post. Many people are quick to complain when they get bad service but very few make the effort to praise good service. My experience of SP has always been excellent as well.
    There are three kinds of men:
    The ones that learn by reading.
    The few who learn by observation.
    The rest of us have to pee on the electric fence.

Team SitePoint
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your post, it's always nice to hear when we've done the right thing
    Simon Mackie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks BJ! I remember your email quite clearly - it's always a pleasure to hear such good feedback.
    Girl About the World :: MySpace in Space :: Girl In the IT World

"Are you Australians always like this?"
    "What, awesome? Yes."