SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Visible Ninja bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best SEO Analysis Software

I'm looking for some pretty easy to use software that will allow me to generate ranking reports for multiple keywords with multiple search engines. Extras such as being able to schedule these reports are a definite plus.

Does anyone recommend looking into any particular software package?
    TAKE A WALK OUTSIDE YOUR MIND.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Free Google Monitor.

I don't do much monitoring on other search engines though, if you rank well in Google, most probably you'll rank well with other sites as well.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolik View Post
    Does anyone recommend looking into any particular software package?
    The only software that is any good for SEO is the one between my ears.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The person who started the post is asking for recommendations about software for seo, and not about comparison between software and human seo performance....so sticking to the post, I recommend you use either IBP because it it very easy to use or Addweb because of their link exchange program, and probably the next post here will be about "link exchange does not work any more" which again is not the point of this post.

Another software is of course Web Position Gold which years ago was used by most SEO pros, but I personally find it difficult to use comparing to the other two I mentioned.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by internetdominus View Post
    The person who started the post is asking for recommendations about software for seo, and not about comparison between software and human seo performance.
    I was trying to have a bit of fun, so up yours too.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=35769

Google Webmaster Guidelines

Don't use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check rankings, etc. Such programs consume computing resources and violate our Terms of Service.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I would say using sofware is generally a bad thing, as it can make u over analys things, so its best to try to avoid it and as the last post points out you are violating googles terms of service, somone suggested using IBP, but personally i wouldnt use this software, i think it can teach bad habits.

Woc
    ]

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt know that using software such IBP can be bad things. Thanks for all the info coz im using IBP hehehe.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edongzkisiete View Post
    I didnt know that using software such IBP can be bad things. Thanks for all the info coz im using IBP hehehe.
    Hi,
    Yes,agreed.
    it has some side effects.
    Maybe a try and error method will be ok.
    Link exchange is good but need to make sure both side obey a good agreement on the types of the links.
    matt

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to use addweb, from what ican see there links are getting good pr ranking.

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofchat View Post
    Hi

I would say using sofware is generally a bad thing, as it can make u over analys things, so its best to try to avoid it and as the last post points out you are violating googles terms of service, somone suggested using IBP, but personally i wouldnt use this software, i think it can teach bad habits.

Woc
    I suppose if you have time to manually check for backlinks to multiple sites on multiple search engines, or check to see where you rank for multiple keywords on mutliple search engines, then yeah, don't bother with SEO software.

Personally I prefer to click a button and get all that stuff done in a few minutes while I do something else and save myself about 4 hours of hard eye straining work.

As I go along, I'm using WEbCEO more and more for monitoring, rather than developing SEO fro scratch.