User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

printed-photo/polaroid-photo look web images

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded some photos from iStock for our school web site. I want to add these student photos to our web pages such that they look like old-fashsion hard-copy printed photos, the kind of look we have with a Polaroid camera, with white borders around the image, shadow behind it, so they look like poloroid printed photos.

Here is clip art of the type of look I want but I want a realistic look of a polaroid photo (not a clip art look).

Do you know of a way I can make this look with the photos I've downloaded, that is, any stand-alone software that conveniently turns imported photos into this type of look, or plug-in for Photo Shop, etc? Or a photoshop or illustrator tutorial somewhere? (beginner skills)

Grateful,

Joe

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after fiddling in Photoshop I found the Layer Styles and I'm getting close to a polaroid look. The Inner Shadow has an anti-aliase for the tilted photo-paper effect that is useful. A little noise on the paper to distinguish it from the white backgroud. I just have to practice to I make it look just right.

Joe