User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unifie buttom width

Hi,

I want to use standard submit buttons and have to give them a fixed width of 100px. Ok, so far no problem. But the border is getting added and this varies in some pixels in different browsers. Is there any way to give the buttoms a fixed width of 100px incl. borders and everything without customizing the style of the button?

Greetings, Andreas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every browser is going to display the buttons differently. However, you could create your own css button by styling out a link with a border around it and an onClick() that submits the form when clicked. Or, you could just create a 100px wide image and use it instead of the default submit button.
    intragenesis, llc professional web & graphic design

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

thanks, but that's what I not want to do. I want to use the standard buttons and just want to give them a width of 100px incl. borders and everything.

Greetings, Andreas

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then make sure the width of the submit button and the left/right borders (as well as left/right margins and padding) add up to 100px.

So let's say your width is 94px, you have 2px left/right padding, and 1px left/right borders. 94 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 100