SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Please Review SneakBy.org

Hey everybody,

I'm a complete newbie so I would really appreciate some feedback. SneakBy.org is a new proxy site I just set up with a proxy script, a template, and adsense ads. Please give me a review of the:

-domain name
    -the color scheme
    -the template
    -browser compatability
    -adsense placement
    -ability of the site to make money

Thanks a ton. I'll be sure to review all of your websites too.

winter is around the corner Tomer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Domain: I don't like really, seems a bit in-complete, like there should be another word, plus the .org doesn't really fit.

Color Scheme, I like it, nice and clean. You should make the AdSense ads the same color as the BG, white. That thing alone will boost your CTR a lot.

Template: Well it's a proxy website, but you should still add some content about why privacy is important and what can be done with the proxy. You should also make larger paddings between elements, looks kinda scrunched up.

I would also put the URL bar at the top, not at the bottom - unless your only purpose is the make money. :/

Good luck!
    - Tomer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the feedback
    anyone else?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would add some more text , better for seo, general proxy template, not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -domain name
    The name isn't too bad, but I agree that the .org doesn't seem to fit.

-the color scheme
    color scheme is good, not too flashy, good web 2.0 look

-the template
    The template itself isn't too bad, but I definately agree that you need more padding between the elemnts, especially the ones below the address bar. It's hard to tell what it is you're looking at when you mix images and text like that. Also, I didn't even notice the text you have up top at first. I would suggest adding an h1 with a good one liner summarizing what they are doing here. This is good for SEO. and make sure there's more emphasis on the text, instead of just squeezing it in.

-browser compatability
    It seems to work okay in IE6, IE7, and Firefox. Safari doesn't let you style forms very easily, so there's no fixing that: http://82.59.180.92/safaritest/1196410053-full.jpg

-adsense placement
    There's so many, and since it makes up the main content of the landing page, I think you've done allright overall

-ability of the site to make money

Not really an expert in adsense, but I do know that google pays out more for the first one listed in the code. So I would track each ad. If your big ones in the middle get more clicks, you should probably think about removing the top banner, that way your highest payout comes from the most popular ad.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile My Two Cents...

Here It Is...

I really like the name...Can you get the .com for it?

I like the logo a lot...the colors are good.

The Google ads aren't too distracting.

I haven't actually used a proxy site before. When I entered an address into the search bar it took too long to get to the page I was trying to get to. I tried a seciond search from the first site I went to. Again, it took way too long. Ordinarily, I would have looked for a different proxy site that moves faster.

Keep pluggin'