SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast bloggernoob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review Bloggernoob

Im a new blogger, hence the name bloggernoob. my site. http://www.bloggernoob.com Its a blog that teaches other beginners how to blog and how to make money with blogs. i know im in a competive niche. can you review the sites design and layout. any suggestions would be great. As far as content, i'll take suggestions as well. like what i should focus more on and stay away from. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the layout! Red is a tricky color to use but you have done it right. I am a big fan of simple nice looking web sites. I would ease up on the ads though. I was thinking to myself that it was a nice site until all your ads loaded and then i quickly changed my mind. There is a fragile balance with ads; you never want to over due it.

I even noticed your favicon....it made me laugh (in a good way). Clever site and good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is pretty clean, but not very unique looking. It reminds me a lot of sites like last.fm which may make it harder for people to personally 'brand' your website. To further the clean layout I would definately get rid of the red to white fade at the top, its one of the few unprofessional elements of the design in my opinion. Navigation is simple and easy to use. Overall welcome done!

By the way I found your $100 a day idea really inspiring, nice one!

PS: The baby logo thing is kinda scary, I'd consider a proper logo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

thanks guys for the review. i am working on a new logo. a lot of people have mentioned that the baby is freaky. gonna change it to a cartoon. lesson the ads. ok guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite part was the logo. I guess that makes me weird! That's the part that jumped at me right away and made me laugh. I thought it was pretty clever! If you really like it, stick to it. I thought it was very unique.

The site does have a bit of a template look to it, but I think it looks very nice and clean. I like the red and white theme.

I would agree though on the advertisement overkill. I'm no prude, but the hot babes could drive a few people away.

At first I thought the text was a little small, but after a second look, it's fine. You have a lot of content, so it helps keep the page from getting too long. BTW, I'm veiwing it in 1152 res on a 19" monitor.

Overall, looks great! Great job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks website guy

I already had a freelance designer do the cartoon but i like the the creepy baby. its funny to me. i guess i just wanted even one person to agree and since you like it. imma keep it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it. I looked at it again and it still makes me laugh! When I saw the creepy baby, I assumed I would find something of an odd sense of humor in the blogs.

One word of warning though. As I read some of your stuff, I noticed a lot of spelling and grammar errors. Maybe you should run your stuff through a spell check and grammar check before posting.

Good luck to you!!

SitePoint Member alltechmasters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen this Blog before. I like the logo. I like most of the images. The desgin of the site is good and so is the content.

Good luck with the blog

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a blogger noob, your earnings and popularity have sure skyrocketed in just the first month. Maybe calling yourself "blogger noob" is a bit too humble? Around how many sites have you promoted your blog on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alot of Information for a "Home Page"

Hi BloggerNoob,

I found your site to have quite alot of information for a home page and believe it to be quite distracting.

I think it would be easy to get taken away from your main reason for having the site with all the other things going on there.

I dont know much about blogging , however I will follow your site to find out more.

Best Wishes

Axiom5

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The adds are a little to much (alot of them in that column!) I would change the logo over the baby, or just a better pic of the baby donst quite do it for me.

For menu, i would add FAQ to the top line instead of having it in the drop down

Hope it helps

-Shiftline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very clean site but the first thing that caught my attention was that there is a lot of content on the front, didnt know where to look.

Not saying it's bad to have alot of content, from what i read it's quite informative.

Anyway nice site , will follow to see how it comes along.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like this site, i like the red and a good logo

although you might want to get a better quality logo but thats not absloutly needed

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL

i like the baby haha....is he a noob? j/k

but hmmm i really like it but there is more stuff you can do with it ...it looks like a regular blog with just a theme....move things around and that will help you a lot and make your site look a little more orginal please take this as helpful information i just want to help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i really appreciate all of the valuable feedback guys. i have removed a lot of the ads. i will add more tags to shorted the front page a bit. you think the FAQ should be on top not dropdown? i appreciate more feedback. thanks guys