SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem running phpdev

Ive just installed phpdev and ive extracted the perl add-on to C:\phpdev\perl. Should there be a mysql/apache link on the startup list??

When i run the phpdevstart.bat file, mysql and apache start up ok. But the screen popsup (C:\phpdev\www\yaks.html) and i cant get any further. It says to come here to see what the problem is.

Should there also be an mysql icon icon on the systemtray or a DOS window to enter sql statements into?

Sorry if this doesnt sound right, im having trouble explaining this. Thanx for anyhelp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to use a software like mysqlfront (something like that) that bundled with phpdev package to enter your mysql commands which I don't like. Download the one -phpmyadmin - at http://www.phpwizard.net/ which is great, IMHO.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem sorted. Its f*****g zonealarm. Close it down and apache works like a treat.

Actually phpmyadmin is installed with phpdev. But i wanted to be able to write the create tabel etc commands myself. Is there a way of accessing a command line style input into mysql???

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy redemption's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go to your mysql directory and look for mysql.exe in the bin directory... that'll give you the mysql command line...

you can also do this in phpMyAdmin though... run the queries directly in a textbox somewhere on the page... it's easy to find...

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by flutlichtjunky
    Problem sorted. Its f*****g zonealarm. Close it down and apache works like a treat.
    I'm not sure of the answer, but if it's ZoneAlarm you can set up a rule to allow it.

Also, flut, mind your language in here.

sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mlle. Ledoyen silver trophy seanf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set ZoneAlarm to allow it to run as a server, but not to be connected to from "outside"

Sean
    Harry Potter

-- You lived inside my world so softly
    -- Protected only by the kindness of your nature