User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb A teaser for symfony guys: symfony installatation through pear

Hi Symfony gurus as well as newbies like me,

I have a very typical installation issue. I am trying to install symfony through PEAR on a WAMP machine, I downloaded the symfony and installed it, the entire folder structure of symfony is inside c:/wamp/php/PEAR/symfony/

Likewise I also did the other configurations like the following:
    1.Start -> Run -> cmd
    2.Cd into the PHP directory (e.g. C:\wamp\php)
    3.Invoke go-pear.bat. Follow through the options (default should work fine).
    4.Once PEAR is installed, open C:\wamp\Apache2\bin\php.ini.
    5.Find the line ;include_path = ".;c:\php\includes"
    6.Uncomment the line and add the PEAR home directory to the path. It should look something like this:
    include_path = ".;c:\php\includes;C:\wamp\php\PEAR"
    7.The PHP-XSL extension is necessary to execute the propel scripts, but it's not enabled by default. To enable it, click on the WAMP tray icon -> select PHP extensions -> scroll down to php-xsl -> click on php-xsl if it is not selected. Restart the Apache service.
    8.Goto the Apache configuration file (httpd.conf) and uncomment the following line,

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

However after doing all this when i type the command symfony -V I get the following error:

could not open input file: C:\wamp\php\\symfony

Note that i typed the command inside the c:/wamp/php directory

I referrred quite a lot of forums and every where they say it is not finding the path of the symfony file, can anyone please type the exact command for me which shall work fine?

thanks to all of u in anticipation, your helop is really neede....

Obey the Purebreed trib4lmaniac's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked the file "C:\wamp\php\symfony" exists? Note that there is no extension. There should be both symfony and symfony.bat.
    Also, it does not matter what your current directory is; the command should work regardless (assuming C:\wamp\php has been added to your environment path, which I think WAMP takes care of for you).