SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good article. i'm a new asp developer with no programing experiance and i found it VERY easy to pick up and learn. Now if i can just learn it enough to be one of those 70k people

------------------
    Eric Jones
    http://www.quixtar.com
    IBO# 1121278
    E-mail me for a 1-1 talk about setting up your dream business.
    mailto:jonese@gci-net.com

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My article called "Top 10 reasons to develop in ASP" was published in WebReference today. Check it out at http://webreference.com/new/991216.html#feature

Post your comments here or send by email to Alan@articlecentral.com

------------------
    Alan Mendelevich aka ailon
    New! ArticleCentral.com - The content directory for web professionals. Monitoring hundreds of web development related sites, daily.
    Visit MEGOPhotos - Quality photos for FREE

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,
    I have done sites in both ASP and PHP and have decided that (IMHO) PHP is bette. However, ASP is also great and can't imagine any website developers who would not bennefit greatly from learning either PHP or ASP. With that in mind, I'll head on over and read your article

Christian

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've seen alot messages like 'x reasons to develop in asp' in the last couple of days. it's on the knowhow-resources, mailing lists, etc. does big brother microsoft have their fingers in the game?
    not that i want to complain, asp could be great if it would be available for others than NT. i know it's available for others as well but not on my hoster ....

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't talk for everyone but in my case I got nothing from microsoft for that article. Actually I wanted to check how many visitors to my site I can get by posting an article to webreference, so I wrote that article. Btw, could you give me some urls were I can see some more articles on the subject ?

------------------
    New! ArticleCentral.com - The content directory for web professionals. Monitoring hundreds of web development related sites, daily.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WebReference owns exclussive rights for the article for the period of 30 days since publication. So you may not use it until January 17,2000

------------------

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you mind if I used the article in the WDT? And I'll put it as a featured site.

------------------
    -Quinn Slack
    http:/www.fourthdev.com has webmaster resources!

Matt Mickiewicz
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Where did you find the info about them owning the content for only 30-days?

------------------
    http://www.webmaster-resources.com
    Articles, Reviews & Resources for webmasters!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the page about their "Open publishing" program http://webreference.com/new/submit.html

And this is the first paragraph of "INTERNET.COM FREELANCE AUTHOR/ARTIST AGREEMENT" on that page:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Grant of Rights: You grant to internet.com an exclusive worldwide right of first publication to the Work for a period of 30 days after internet.comís publication of the Work, in any and all media and forms of expressions now known, or hereafter devised, including but not limited to all print, computer, on-line, audio, video, Internet and other electronic media or publications in both the original and all foreign languages. After completion of the preceding exclusive term, you grant to internet.com a non-exclusive, and perpetual, worldwide right to the publication of the Work for all print, reprint, book, syndication, computer, on-line, audio, video, Internet and other electronic media use now known, or hereafter devised.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------