User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Load External Content

Hello all,

I wrote here about a year back about loading external content into a div container and I was accomplishing this with an Ajax script from Dynamic Drive. The site was put on the back burner (own project) but has come back into play once again. This time I'm going all css no tables. So basically recreating the site. I still would like to utilize this action of loading external content but the question I have is if Ajax is combined with js, what happens if javascript is turned off on some computers? Is there a better way of accomplishing this?

Still very green when it comes to css and Ajax for that matter so I am not to knowledgeable. Still learning.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJAX is asynchronous JavaScript, so without JavaScript, it simply does not work. The only way to load external data on the client side without JavaScript is with an (i)frame, which would be completely static. If doing it server-side is possible, that's the better solution from the start.

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    The only way to load external data on the client side without JavaScript is with an (i)frame
    Actually, the recommended client-side way would be to use an object. Iframes are deprecated. Unfortunately, IE doesn't fully support object (either).
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my only option would be to use Ajax and javascript?