User Tag List

Thread: A Big Circle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Big Circle

Hi All
    Ok, I think I'm in a really big circle, as I'm currently paying for Google ad sence which varies between 30.00-50.00 a month, ouch. However I have no income, bigger ouch, coming from my website, my users average time on my website is around 2.35.

Google provides me with most the traffic and as soon as I turn off Google I don't recieve many if any visitors a day. I do have links to other websites and they have links to mine etc which also provides me with traffic. I've recently signed up with Hostgator and their stats are showing around 7-8 visitors a day, my old host 1and1 was showing 150 + visitors a day and Google Analytics is showing 34 visitors a day.

My question is, I suppose, is how can I generate an income without having major traffic and which statistic should I believe? If there is anyone that can help with this question that would be great. My website is about Warhammer and Wargaming and there are a fair few of this type of website out there made by other site designers.

So any help would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use Google analytics sololy for your stats reporting, it is the best free option in my eyes. Many stats programs that read logs give invalid reports, they read certian things as new\unique visits\page views that really aren't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Ok, Google is currently reporting visitors of around 20-34 hits a day. However I would like more, my main question here is, if I invested in an SEO company that would charge me around 50.00 a month, would it be worth it and if I used concepts such as Ad Sence and affliatate programs will I make an ROI?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If after receiving 1000 visitors, and not 1 of those visitors converts into any $ for you, then the problem is either

1.) You are not receiving targeted traffic
    2.) You need to look over your sales copy, design, ad placements, order process etc.

Traffic & Visitors are useless if they are not targeted or don't convert for you. Look at why you are not converting and test test test until you do finally convert those visitors into $

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are getting traffic and none of them are converting then you have to sit down and look at your business. Many people will get what you have. I have had to sit down and make changes and certain decisions due to certain parts not working.

As long as you monitor things, test new things, etc. you shall improve on earning from your traffic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by activeweb View Post
    If after receiving 1000 visitors, and not 1 of those visitors converts into any $ for you, then the problem is either

1.) You are not receiving targeted traffic
    2.) You need to look over your sales copy, design, ad placements, order process etc.

Traffic & Visitors are useless if they are not targeted or don't convert for you. Look at why you are not converting and test test test until you do finally convert those visitors into $
    Could you elaborate a bit further on this, I'm a little bit unsure what you mean about targeted traffic and sales copy etc.