SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to monetize a 'Free' Music Videos site?

I have a free music videos site that gets 8,000 uniques per month, much of it from direct type-in traffic to the domain name itself (as well as from many #1 positions on Google/Yahoo etc.)

BUT... I can't find the best/optimum way to monetize this traffic??!!

Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spdrus View Post
    I have a free music videos site that gets 8,000 uniques per month, much of it from direct type-in traffic to the domain name itself (as well as from many #1 positions on Google/Yahoo etc.)

Any suggestions?
    Maybe in-stream video ads from VC?
    Ballot-Box.net - free polls for webmasters
    FormLog.com - free form processor

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats VC?

I am sorry but I know nothing about anything related to video(s)/earning money from video advertising. I just happened to get a fantastic domain name which was making a LOT more money parked than it is now that I have developed it!!!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe VC means ValueClick, but I wasn't aware they were doing instream ads. By far the best paying ads for videos are from Crave Media, the video arm of Gorilla Nation (largest ad repping house in the world).

But, you won't get in with that kind of traffic.

Brightroll, advertising.com and VideoEgg all have ad networks that apparently perform reasonably well though (I wouldn't know, as we're with Crave, sorry!).
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jeremy!

Thanks for the explanation! I have two questions, if you don't mind sharing some information:

1)What kind of traffic do I need to get in with Crave?
    2) Do you have any tips for boosting traffic to my free musicvideos site? As I mentioned 99% of my traffic comes to/through the home page due to the direct navigation to my domain name, as well as the #1 positions on Google that my home page has. I have almost 7,000 music videos in my database BUT the other pages (although indexed) RARELY bring in the traffic. AND I AM getting links via kids posting my videos on their MySpace and Friendster type sites.

It just seems traffic grows slowly and I dont know how to convert--I would think with 8k visitors per month I should be making bank!!!

OMG IF I had 8k visitors to my dating site per month, I could retire!! LOL!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spdrus:

1. I don't know the limits, but I know they're high. Probably a few hundred thousands videa views per month (or even millions). But, I honestly don't know. I just know they're very exclusive.

2. I've never built a video site (we bought ours), so I honestly don't have any tips for you, sorry!
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a little niche music video site. I find using the Triggit Amazon Tool and links to Amazon, ebay and CJ affiliates is one place to start. Just add a few affiliate links that are related to the video around the video. It amazing how many random people will click through and buy a piece of memorabilia, music or something else. Combined with things like adsense I get a pretty good return. Best of luck.

Zach

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im waiting to know too as I have a small music site runnin.

Os

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spdrus View Post

Any suggestions?
    Hello,

What country are you getting 8000 uniques from? You are not getting them from the USA because I checked http://siteanalytics.compete.com/fre...net/?metric=uv
    You only get 94 unique users a month from the US and no Ad program will accept a site with that small amount of US traffic. US traffic is worth the most money. If you are getting 8000 uniques in Iraq then its worth 0.

On a site that gets 8000 uniques from the US you can make about 2000 to 4000 from running ads with most ad companies.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AdSense!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingeric View Post
    Hello,

What country are you getting 8000 uniques from? You are not getting them from the USA because I checked http://siteanalytics.compete.com/fre...net/?metric=uv
    You only get 94 unique users a month from the US and no Ad program will accept a site with that small amount of US traffic. US traffic is worth the most money. If you are getting 8000 uniques in Iraq then its worth 0.

On a site that gets 8000 uniques from the US you can make about 2000 to 4000 from running ads with most ad companies.
    Please tell how 8000 uniques worth $2000 - $4000? More like $70 - $100.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM me
    I have a solution that will blow you away...no self promotion allowed so contact me and we can discuss
    thanks
    mary