SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficult CSS Puzzler

I've implemented a script utilizing css for allowing to rate the page showing 1 to 5 stars. The script works great over all but I'm having an issue with the images that overlay each other for the stars.

When I place the script outside of my own div's, the script shows 5 star shadows and 5 painted stars as you roll over which is perfect.

When I place the script inside of my own div, it shows 6 star shadows and up to 5 painted stars as you roll over. I'm confident that it's not an issue with the script counting out 6 stars instead of the correct 5. I believe it's some kind of padding issue that is pushing the border over.

I've looked at the differences at the two css schemes and they don't seem to conflict which was my first thought. I've look at all of the possibilities I could think of, but haven't come up with anything.

I'm new to the css world, so I'm stumped.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

http://www.variablemarkup.com/top-ec...ails/?sid=belk

Thanks!

Can you look at my page with the script and give me any ideas on what it might be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick guess, but check the width of your div. Especially if your repeating the shadowed star across the x axis of the div. Btw, the left margin on the entire page in FF on Mac is right at the edge of the browser window.
    intragenesis, llc professional web & graphic design

Web Design Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using the same script on a site of mine and I had similar issues when first implementing this. I would suggest using the code exactly as they give it to you to start, on a blank html page and ensure that it works like it should there first. From there, you can start tweaking and making small changes until it's how you want it. It only takes a very small thing to mess this script up CSS wise.
    Deron Sizemore
    ----------
    My Sites: LogoGala | Golf Ledger (coming soon)
    Twitter: Deron Sizemore