SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Wordpress and Opera -writing posts problems

Has anyone else come across the problem that when writing a post in wordpress that after a certain number of words or character spaces the box starts to extend outwards in one continuous line?

Perhaps this isn't something easily answered as only a small proportion of people use opera. But I'd be interested to know what you think the problem might be.

The thing is, that this 'one continuous line' extends to the published posts also. Could it be a templating/theme issue?

Any thoughts?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What version of Wordpress and Opera?

Hi,
    if you want some help in debugging this, please can you be more precise, which version of Wordpress do you use and which version of opera?

If I understand you correct, you are writing a new entry in your blog and see this behavior. I doubt it is a theme specific issue, as the admin pages are not influenced by the them (usually).

K<o>
    P.S.: By the way, the friends on a Wordpress forum, the Wordpress mailing list, or IRC would most likely be very interested in helping you solve this issue. They have the most interest, that Wordpress runs well cross browser.

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most recent WP most recent Opera, no betas. I am well aware that the wordpress forum can probably help, though I thought the members at sitepoint would be a good first call to see if it's something stupid i've overlooked

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It would be my guess that if it happens in Opera and not other browsers, it's a browser issue and not a WP problem.

It could be a problem with the one of the files in WP, but according to the newest install, it validates strict. Of course we know from experience with IE and css that validation isn't always the key to solving problems.

It does seem odd that it would extend instead of just truncate.

I recently had a terrible problem with WP. It's another issue, but what I found was that it was a plugin that wasn't playing nice. One check you could do is to deactivate your plugins and see what happens then.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown