SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Book order problem

Yesterday I ordered the "PHP Anthology 2nd Edition" wanting to take advantage of the last 48 hours of the sale price.

When I hit Submit on the last form (credit card info) instead of going to a confirmation page I was returned to the first order form page - and I never received a confirmation email. So, not knowing whether my order went through or not I sent an email to books@sitepoint.com:

>I ordered this book but instead of receiving a confirmation page I was sent >back to the order page. I want to make sure I don't order the book twice.
    >
    > Can you confirm that my order went through?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Charles

The answer I got (24 hours later) was:

Code:
    Hi Charles,

Provided that you ordered using that email address, you where not charged twice :)

Best regards,

Megan Griffiths
    SitePoint Customer Support
    That still doesn't tell me if my order went through, does it? So now I guess I have to wait another 24 hours to find out if it did - by then it's too late to get the sale price.

BTW - I'm surprised Sitepoint (of all places) doesn't have a login with saved account info for previous customers and a "track your order" system. It's in half your books and pretty common on other sites these days.

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear you had some problems ordering Charles. Why not Email Shane Tilley here at sitepoint and ask if he can liase with Megan, and perhaps they can push the sale price for you seeing as you attempted to do so. I can't promise anything as I've not heard it happening before, and I'm in no way speaking on behalf of Sitepoint HQ , just offering some possible advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, How do I get Shane Tilley's email? Still have 1 more day to get the sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Charles,

It certainly surprises me to hear of your unfortunate endeavours with your ordering. I am a person who very rarely makes purchases online (due to the lack of trust I have), however in saying that, after doing my own research upon Sitepoint, I have made multiple purchases on sitepoint and I know other people who have as well. The reputation and trust of sitepoint for me has yet to be rivalled by any other online store I know.

I must say that your experience must be that of unique as I have always heard great reports about this site and their online service. I would hope that Sitepoint continue their great reputation with you and deal with you directly and resolve the situation so that you as a customer is happy and satisfied with the outcome.
    Regards,
    BJ Duncan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just placed the order again and it went through OK. I don't think it did the first time. Hope I don't get 2 books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've ordered several other books from Sitepoint and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them. Never had trouble before. It might have been a one time problem with our Internet connection or something - who knows?

Just would have been good to get a Yes/No (boolean) answer to whether order went through or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed at the end of the order process you get this link:

http://www.sitepoint.com/books/contact.php

Which is the link to use for problems like mine - but I never reached it the first time. It's different than the site's Contact Us link.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Send a quick email to Megan just to let her know what you did, she'll check out the order for you just to make sure that you havn't ordered multiple copies. -saying that, if you check your charging account you could verify that only one payment was made That's usually a good method.
    Shane Tilley is the Marketing Manager at Sitepoint btw.

SitePoint Co-founder Matt Mickiewicz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the confusion!

If your order goes through, you'll get an email receipt from us, followed by a shipping confirmation a few days later.

If it hangs/stalls or gets rejected by the credit card processor, instead of a receipt, you'll get an email from us asking you to resume your abandoned transaction.
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder
    SitePoint.com - Empowering Web Developers Since 1997
    Follow me on Twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got an answer from Megan - all is well. Thanks guys! Sitepoint is the best!!

Charles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charles_i View Post
    ... Sitepoint is the best!!

Charles