SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b2Evolution blog

Got a question here about a graphic used on my default skin for this blog software.

I've searched through the CSS for the skin looking for the background color or graphic. The URL is http://blueflamepress.com and is my sons blog/website. I can't find anything that looks like the white BG with Gray columns left and right, even using Firefox's web developer add on. The closest thing I can find by "name" is a graphic named bg.gif, but it is a 1060x1px deal and I can't see any gray on the left and right borders because of the 1px height.

I would like to change the gray areas to a medium blue like the new header I made for him while keeping the white bg for the center area. I can't even find the CSS to change the text color to dark blue on this thing and I'm running out of patience.

Any suggestions?
    Bruce ...

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy DaveWoods's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The background is created by this image.

http://blueflamepress.com/skins/andreas_01/bg.gif

This is then repeated vertically down the page within the body style.

If you want to edit this then what I'd usually do is take it into a graphics program and change the height to 300px (don't change the width), make your changes to it and then shrink it back down to 1px high before resaving.

Generally, I'd save repeating backgrounds no smaller than 10px though to avoid this problem so you might want to try that when resaving the image.

If you then wanted to change the text colour of the page, then this is specified in the #wrap style within stylesheet.css

Simply change the colour to the following to make all the text blue.

Code:
    #wrap {
    background: #ffffff;
    color: #009;
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 760px;
    }
    By the way, the location of the CSS file that you'll need to modify is here just in case you were wondering

http://blueflamepress.com/skins/andr...stylesheet.css

Hope that helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It absolutely does. Thanks very much! I was wondering if I could resize the height of the graphic to something more reasonable, as you suggested. I will try that first before resizing back down to 1px if it doesn't work - thought I don't see why it won't.

Thanks again - copied and printed for ref

B
    Bruce ...