SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with Adify?

Either Adify is experiencing some major growing pains or they are having major issues. Is anyone else having trouble with their Adify storefront and/or getting in contact with their support staff?

I joined Adify near the end of August for the purpose of running a private advertising marketplace for a number of sites. That was actually also somewhat of a test to see how things would go before also using Adify for my largest site. In late August & early September Adify's support team was very fast with responses and everything was working properly...

In mid-October I found that my Adify storefront had disappeared. I sent in a support request on Oct 16th and another on Oct 25th. I have yet to receive replies to either support request and I know they were received as I was sent confirmation emails from their support ticketing system.

This is really a shame as Adify was looking like they would be the company to empower web publishers of all sizes in creating private competitive advertising markets...
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing you've tried a tracert and going through proxies or computers on other networks to make sure they aren't blocking your IP for some reason or there is a problem with your network or ISP?

Have you been emailing a rep there personally or just support generally?
    I have a couple of contacts there - I'll PM them to your if you want?

I was really liking the way Adify was developing.

-Tim

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably should have been a bit more precise in my description of the storefront issue. It's not showing up as blank but is instead simply showing Adify's own network list rather than my storefront as it should be. My storefront link worked properly for at least several weeks after I set it up.

Something else I just found out: In ticket confirmation emails it states that additional information can be submitted to the ticket simply by replying to the confirmation email (and keeping a specific part of the email subject intact). I replied to both tickets today and they bounced due to a problem with Adify's email server config. Interestingly, I notified Adify of this exact issue on August 30th (I received a personal reply regarding this issue).

Yes, please do forward this thread to your Adify contacts. Thanks for offering to help with that. My currently open support issues are ticket numbers 28385 and 31574. To open those support tickets I emailed the primary support email address.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do a search on them within these forums, as a few people have had problems with them over the past couple years. Me included - they refused to pay me until I threatened to sue them. They are nice when they are signing you up and all but after that, forget about getting through to a rep!
    My top 3: TheSkinnyWebsite, ChickLitbooks,TheSkinnyForum

Six-figure bloggin' since 2006.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... still no reply regarding my support tickets from 5-6 weeks ago. Today I was contacted about joining one of their advertising networks... Instead I requested that someone from Adify first respond to my support tickets from back in October.

I can't help but to feel so disappointed with Adify over this. They seem to pretty much have a perfect system to support private competitive ad marketplaces for medium/large websites, but they are really dropping the ball in the support department (as well as keeping storefronts online, at least in my case).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for taking the time to update us all on the situation john2k. Very helpful.