User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my first accessible tableless design

Hey Sitepoint!

The last couple of weeks, I've been working on my first tableless design, which has been a real pain. It should be semanticly correct andcross-browser compatible.

The site can be found here: HRM Succes

I'd love to hear from you how the site looks and feels, though I'd really appreciate if some of you had a look "under the hood". I'm open to any suggestions and critique.

The site's in dutch and is built for a company which organizes get-togethers (confrerences?) with other businesses. The date's for these are displayed on the left side of each page.

On a sidenote; a few things will change soon:
    Meta data and logo still have to be done, change of order of the headings and text has to be rewritten to get some more keywords in there.

Thanks in advance,
    your posts are greatly appriciated

Leonard

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

i like the lok of the site. i have to say i'm no expert at designing sites without tables and the advantages this brings so i'm afraid i can't comment on the technical aspects of your website, but looking at the site initially it looks very blocky like it was laid out in a table.

i think the look of the content is good and i like the colours. i'm not to keen on the way the border blurs into the main content though. i made me double look to check my eyes weren't playing up.

i like the header but i'm not to keen on the ghosting of the text in the header. i found myself strugling trying to read the ghoated text instead of just reading the normal text. but maybe thats just me been a little weird.

Also i'm not to keen on the logo but if thats the company logo you're stuck with i guess you can't do much about that.

also a minor point but the text seems to run right to the edge of the background block in some places.

I seem to have focused on the negatives more here than the positives. So just to reiterate, i do like the look of the site i've just tried to point out a few things that could be improved. but remeber thats just my opinion. the target audiance may think completly differently to me.

Good Luck with it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Luke, thanks for the reply!

Do you think I should completely remove that text on the background or just make it a bit less transparant?

I agree with you on the logo... Can't seem to change the man's mind though

Good point on the text/margins. I think I already fiddled with that for a bit and got ****** off with IE and padding/margins. I will give it another try!

Cheers,

Leonard

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi leonard

Its difficult to say about the text without playing around with it. i guess maybe try it directly behind the text like on the bottom word or maybe haver the ghost text below the main text instead of above.You could try it without it totally or with it less faint. Don't get to focussed on it as a problem though it was more of a passing comment that a major design floor.

Remember i'm no design expert this is just my opinion. if i were you i'd try a few options and ask a few people (friends, family, work collegues) which they prefere and take it from there.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design except the top navigation it is hard to read.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A nice looking site. The thing that struck me straight away was the blue colour. I personally think it's a bit much. I don't think its the amount, rather the shade of blue.

I think it could look better with the page background darker, then you would have more contrast between the page background and the header.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for all the replies.

I changed the site to implement all changes in the posts above.

Please let me know what you think!

Linkie

Cheers,
    Leonard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browser: Firefox

I have never bin a fan of large logo areas, but you have done a good job with making it functional by having links in there. The logo is very pleasing, but I do think the lettering could use some work to make it more distinct. Remember that you want the name to stand out in peoples minds long after then have left.

The rest of the page is laid out well. All the links seem to be dead, but that may just be due to development.

Good Job

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Calash,

thanks for the reply.

You are right, the links are all dead due to devellopment. Just waiting for the website owner to provide content.

I agree with you on the logo. The man doesnt really want to change it. Maybe he will agree to doing some work on the lettering though... Could you please elaborate on that, since I'm not really sure on what you mean.

Cheers,
    Leonard

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like the transparent part, too bad the site is not in english so i can't rate the content

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The navigation is looking 100% better!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i like it. i think the new tone of blue background is much better.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    404 error for me.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    404 error for me, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Review the URL

Hi Lenord,
    The links is not Working.Give the valuable link.