User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hi again everyone...

Perfect practice makes perfect...

I have also looked at the learning of software packages, which change (version updates), at a regular basis. I have seen frustrated students, having older versions at home and learning newer versions at college.

From a teacher's point of view, and I am by no means an expert at anything really, I contextualize software packages, and the students find it easier to adapt to the changes in the technology.

Ok, by contextualizing I mean; Vector Packages such as Freehand, Illustrator, Flash, and many more, require the knowledge of vectors (paths and anchor points etc.), Bitmap Packages such as Photoshop, Fireworks, Paintshop, and many others, require the knowledge of bitmaps (pixels and resolution etc). Then I treat colour in another context, which applies to it all. Further the timelines and scripting in flash is another tangent, and Dreamweaver ( which I am my self learning at the moment) require a knowledge of coding and used as a tool too, and so on and so on.

It takes time, there is no question about it, but my how time flies when you have fun. I am forever learning things, and mainly due to others who are willing to share their experiences.

Keep it up..
    Peace on Earth. Please...
    Tuts:1 2 3 4

Beside myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Schulz View Post
    I'm not a nerd. I'm a gamer.
    Sorry, I did not mean to offend...

Maybe, I could have used geek, or any other term which suggest an affectionate pat on the back. Absolutely no offense meant.

I enjoy Sitepoint very much, and I owe a lot to Sitepoint staff, advisors and mentors. Very valuable feedback and suggestions. A very useful way to develop ones skills, pointing out the reason for this thread.

Regards Kai.
    Peace on Earth. Please...
    Tuts:1 2 3 4

Beside myself.

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense taken. I'm just stating that I'm a gamer is all (ironically it was a game that got me into Web design and development).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ummm possibly go with the trend and learn all the applications that go along with it? so you're never out of the loop?
    resellerscene - WHM Master Reseller Hosting at its BEST!
    www.kjcpop.com - A new ASIAN Community open!
    www.visoads.com - Live VPS Auctions every 4 days!

www.logoraman.com electroskan.com's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Schulz View Post
    (ironically it was a game that got me into Web design and development).
    May I know Which one
    LOGORAMAN
    [FB] [TWITTER] [BEHANCE] [FLICKR]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was never good at learning something by the books. When I started my web design "career" (back then it was with "" ) I thought I could learn from articles and information like this. Well, it's not my style.

I started then a site about karate (was "active" back then) and it was made in a glorious front-page template ... then I worked more on the design, learned photoshop, started working on forums, as soon as I started them etc. Now I can skin any possible script, I make div only (lately) layouts, created initially in Photoshop, I started my own design firm 6 months ago too ... The only way was to have a site and work on it on the things I needed to solve ... this was my answer for developing my skills

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dojo View Post
    I was never good at learning something by the books. When I started my web design "career" (back then it was with "" ) I thought I could learn from articles and information like this. Well, it's not my style.

I started then a site about karate (was "active" back then) and it was made in a glorious front-page template ... then I worked more on the design, learned photoshop, started working on forums, as soon as I started them etc. Now I can skin any possible script, I make div only (lately) layouts, created initially in Photoshop, I started my own design firm 6 months ago too ... The only way was to have a site and work on it on the things I needed to solve ... this was my answer for developing my skills
    Yes, step by step, as all learning has to be done. You must also love the goal, otherwise enthusiasm will fade and the learning will stop.
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by electroskan.com View Post
    May I know Which one
    Sure. It's called BattleTech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to take a month out of every year and order a few books to catch up. Or, for example, take a month out to learn a new framework, or something that will be beneficial to my web dev business from that point on.
    intragenesis, llc professional web & graphic design